Sephora Concealer Brush  » Cosmetics  »
  • I still believe that the hands and fingertips are the best and the most reliable makeup tools that anyone can use, but I feel that just for hygienic reasons I have to use brushes to apply my makeup
  • The concealer brush is about 6 inches long, and unfortunately does not have a carrying case
  • I noticed that the brush does not change its texture and the hairs did not fall off
  • I have washed this multiple times since I bought this, and I have had this for 6 months now and I have not experienced any hairs falling off after I dry it off
  • I love Sephora brushes and will probably get a whole set of makeup brushes from now on

• by dng

I never thought that I would need make up brushes, ever. I usually rely on my hands and fingertips in putting my makeup especially my concealer. I still believe that the hands and fingertips are the best and the most reliable makeup tools that anyone can use, but I feel that just for hygienic reasons I have to use brushes to apply my makeup.

As I was strolling through the streets of Hong Kong near the Ladies’ Market, I was able to see a huge crowd of people in a store. It turns out the store was Sephora. I did not know that there was already a Sephora store in Hongkong, so I proceeded to join the crowd and see what’s going on. They are apparently having a major discount on all items. In the middle of the crowd I made my way into their makeup brushes section and saw that they were selling makeup brushes for

a cheap price. Their concealer brush costs only around HKD 80. It was a steal considering the original price. I use concealer everyday to conceal my under eye circles, and since I use a concealer pot, I figured for hygienic purposes, I may just have to use a concealer brush.

The concealer brush is about 6 inches long, and unfortunately does not have a carrying case. It only has a plastic cover. The brush is orange in color, and is just right to apply concealer. The bristles are soft. I am not sure what this is made of, but for the price, it is okay. When I got home I immediately tried it to apply my concealer. It was perfect. One dab on my pot and to my skin made it easy to put concealer on. I feel that when I use my fingertips to apply concealer, I add wrinkles to my skin. However when I use ...

• the brush, I feel that I am not tugging on my skin especially the area under my eyes. I liked how it seems that I am getting the right amount of concealer in the right time and I am not worrying about hygiene issues especially when I am using my hands in applying makeup.

I have washed the brush bristles with warm soap and facial wash. I just simply let it air dry overnight. I noticed that the brush does not change its texture and the hairs did not fall off. I have washed this multiple times since I bought this, and I have had this for 6 months now and I have not experienced any hairs falling off after I dry it off. Again I do not know what this is made of, whether it be goat hairs or if this is just man-made hair, but frankly I do not care. As long as I

am able to use it well and it does not hurt my skin at all, I would use it. I have seen other brushes that are locally made and are also comparably cheap, but the brushes suck and they even scratch my skin. This one is cheap but it really works well. I also bought a different brush off Sephora’s and noticed that their brushes are of good quality. The brushes do not hurt the skin and even after several washings the brush hairs are still good and they do not change in consistency.

I find that that washing brushes regularly, just like sponges, will make the makeup stick better and apply better. Also I do not get major breakouts when brushes are clean and well kept, and washed regularly. I love Sephora brushes and will probably get a whole set of makeup brushes from now on. I will wait until their next sale to get the best prices though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311091250240930/k2311a091/9.1.10