Ashford University
1.0
400 North Bluff Blvd., Clinton Iowa
  • When I got my first financial statement I found that I’d had a charge that I was unaware of
  • I did not believe that my professors should grade me down because they did not agree with my point of view
  • I did not find any of it informative or interesting
  • This is the best learning area of the whole experience
  • I thought that I’d be happy at Ashford University because they do not have group projects and are less expensive than other online universities

• by Kim Miller

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I currently attend Ashford University Online in Iowa. I transferred to Ashford online from another online college in September 2009. I transferred to Ashford because it was less expensive and they do not have group projects. Group projects are very frustrating online.

I have not been happy with Ashford however. When I got my first financial statement I found that I’d had a charge that I was unaware of. It is a start-up charge so I was stuck with it.

My first class was good. The instructor was very helpful and kind. I enjoyed that class.

My next few classes were very disappointing because they were political classes. My instructor’s beliefs were very different from mine and they graded according to their ideas. I was not very happy about that. I did not

believe that my professors should grade me down because they did not agree with my point of view. I also got so sick of politics. I am not going to school to be a lawyer or politician. I also got very sick of studying about other countries and their politics. I did not find any of it informative or interesting.

The discussion areas in online classes are suppose to be where students post an answer to questions and then respond to other students answers to the same questions. This is the best learning area of the whole experience. One of my professors however did not grade us on what we learned but on the size of font we used in our post. That was a very annoying and irritating class.

Most

of the textbooks have not been useful for the classes. They are confusing and I do not learn from them I rent my textbooks because renting is cheaper. Sometimes Ashford University has textbooks that are exclusively Ashford books and I have to buy them used or at the school library. That makes me very upset because it is a huge cost.

I’ve come to find that college is mostly for me to show the professors what I know, not for me to learn. I have not retained much of what I’ve learned so far at Ashford University.

The quizzes at Ashford University are ok. I really don’t learn from them.

In every class we are required to write a paper at the end of the class, it is usually an 8-9 page ...

• Ashford University
      report. The report is usually rather confusing and very hard to write. The other school I went to had clearer instructions on the reports.

I wish that Ashford would have lectures for students to read each week. That would actually make you feel like they were contributing to the class.

Most of the time my professors only respond to a few of the discussion posts each week. The professor who marked down for using the wrong font would respond to posts but most of the time he would not talk about what we were learning but tell us that we needed to watch the font size. One time he even told me that my post was great if only I’d used the right font size. It was the only class after

a year of school where font size mattered and it was hard to remember to change it. I was so glad for that class to be over and hope to never get that professor again.

I thought that I’d be happy at Ashford University because they do not have group projects and are less expensive than other online universities. I have found however that I do not like them as well and that maybe it would be worth it to do group projects to be at a school where I felt like I was learning. Sadly though I can’t change now so will finish out at Ashford and get my degree. I would not suggest them to anyone beginning college.

Ashford University
Darling Violetta says :

re : I did not believe that my professors should grade me down because they did not agree with my point of view
Ashford University is a joke that borderlines to being a scam. I’ve attended three other colleges and none of them were as big as a headache as when my fiance attended Ashford. It took them from mid-January until April 28th to process his financial aid. They kept wanting him to change his submitted verification forms because I didn’t live with him in 2013/2014, but I lived with him 2 months in 2014 and he will support me in all of 2015. They said this was a discrepancy.

What the…? If I didn’t live with the man in 2013 or most of 2014 I didnt live with the man… to state otherwise would be fraud.

He hasn’t really learned anything while attending Ashford either.

Juan Carlos says :

Ashford University is less expensive than others and has no group projects. For some people group projects are very frustrating online.

Darling Violetta says :

The courses I took at Ashford University cost my than courses at any of the six colleges and universities where I took courses and their financial aid was set up for twice a year, whereas most colleges operate their billing based on 3 semesters, six-week, 8-week, or 12-week blocks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 501091249620830/k2311a091/9.1.10