Almay Smart Shade Make-up SPF 15 Medium
  • If it worked, it would definitely be worth it
  • When I got home, I decided to open the bottle just to try it

• by Dawn Hawkins

I always have trouble finding just the right shade of foundation to wear. I inevitably pick up shades that are too dark or too light for my skin color. I am just one of those people that has no knack for choosing the right color. I was ecstatic to find out that Almay was now making a foundation that would change colors to match your own skin tone.

I went to the local drug store to pick something up and remembered that I wanted to try this new make-up. I don’t usually wear make-up and that is probably because of my brain

deficiency when choosing the correct make-up to wear. It is rather expensive at $13.99 per 1 oz. bottle, but I was willing to give it a try anyway. If it worked, it would definitely be worth it.

When I got home, I decided to open the bottle just to try it. I suddenly realized that this was a bottle of foundation and I wasn’t thrilled with the finger applying approach. I later purchased make-up remover pads to apply the make-up and that worked very well. My first thoughts when seeing the bottle is that it wouldn’t last very long. How could it when ...

• it was so small? I then proceeded to squeeze out a rather large portion of the make-up and began to spread it on my face. I looked in the mirror in horror as I saw the very grayish-white color that the make-up was and prepared to wash it immediately back off. I turned and grabbed a wash cloth and when I turned back around, the grayish-white color had vanished and was replaced by a much better color.

I didn’t really see that the color that actually appeared on my face was the right match for my skin tone. I seemed to still look

much paler than I actually was when using the Almay Smart Shade make-up. It was a nice thought that something could magically match your exact skin tone, but the truth is, this make-up didn’t do it for me. It was an “okay” make-up. It was so okay that I would say it wasn’t any better than all the rest of the foundations that I have tried in the past. If you are thinking about spending the money to try this make-up, think twice. It isn’t the miracle that every woman who has a difficult time choosing the right color is looking for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311091249610830/k2311a091/9.1.10