Target Gift Registry Systems  » Gifts  »
  • After about ten minutes I decided they did have enough items I wanted to justify having a registry there
  • I would defiantly recommend it to friends and family if they needed it
  • The best reason to use Target's system is there are wedding registries and any other kind of wish list available, so once you know how their system works you can go back again and again for all occasions
  • They could improve by adding kiosks to convenient locations, training employees to be more interactive with customers setting up registries, and providing a more uniform bar code system to scan

• by Erica Fields
      With ten weeks to go until my baby comes all of my friends are busy planning my baby shower. This is how they’re trying to keep my mind off of the labor up ahead. They accomplish this by telling me to put together my gift registry. I have registered at a couple of places for my baby and a few for my wedding a year ago.

But, this is my first time using Target’s Gift Registry System. My friend Christy and I walked into the store and straight back to the baby section. After about ten minutes I decided they did have enough items I wanted to justify having a registry there.

There were play areas, crib sheets, clothes, bottles, everything I needed. On top of baby things

you can add anything you need in the store like digital cameras and twin sheets we wanted before the baby comes. But, we couldn’t find a help desk or information on how to start the registry.

After five minutes of walking we found a sales associate who was willing to help us start. He walked us to the front of the building where the registry kiosks were. If I had designed the store I would have put at least one in the baby section.

What pregnant woman wants to walk all over the store finding help and kiosks. The kiosk was easy enough to use. The sales associate did forget to tell us that it was touch screen which would have helped a lot.

And maybe a chair.

• It was depressing to see the employee application center had an attached bench, but not their customer’s registry desk. I spent about ten minutes entering in my personal information and was told to wait for the print out when I was done.

Three pieces of blue paper printed off and we walked to the counter for our scanner. We were given a idea book with envelope stuffers for the invites, a scanner, and a piece of paper that had a delete bar code in case we made a mistake. The bar code was very helpful compared to other registries I have used where you had to rescan the item, press zero, and pray.

My initial walk though proved right, there were enough items to justify the registry. Over 50 items

actually. Now that I’ve got it started I can monitor it online or in the store and add anything I want later.

I would defiantly recommend it to friends and family if they needed it. The best reason to use Target’s system is there are wedding registries and any other kind of wish list available, so once you know how their system works you can go back again and again for all occasions. My registry was started at the Lynchburg, VA store.

I would give our store a seven, the in store registry an eight, and the websites registry services a seven. Overall an eight. They could improve by adding kiosks to convenient locations, training employees to be more interactive with customers setting up registries, and providing a more uniform bar code system to scan.

Eva says :

I have recently been told that gift items given for weddings can not always be returned, even though it`s on their registry. Has your policy changed? Several years ago my son and his wife were given many duplicates from their registry and received either cash or store credit for the items.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 46602124960328/k2311a026/2.6.07