Noxzema - Extra Strength Astringent Pads  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • These are small pads that come in a jar and are an astringent for the face, so I thought they were basically the same as the white cream, only in a for mof a pre-moistened pad
  • I decided the pads were simply too harsh for my face altogether
  • So, for me this product was not worth the $4 I paid for it because it didn't work
  • I would no recommend this product to anyone, unless your skin is very oily and you can tolerate a product that will dry it out

• by mariekay

I have used Noxema products ever since I was a teenager and have usually had good results with them. I have used the face wash and other treatments, and when I saw this product I knew I wanted to try it. I used to use the white cream that smelled of menthol and made my skin look and feel great. These are small pads that come in a jar and are an astringent for the face, so I thought they were basically the same as the white cream, only in a for mof a pre-moistened pad. I wanted to use them

as a make up remover and afcial cleanser, and was hoping that they would tighten my pores and dry up excess oil.

When I first tried them, I was surprised at how strong they smelled. There was a distinct odor of alcohol, and once I put the pad to my face I couldn’t believe how harsh it was. I guess they are supposed to exfoliate the skin with that rough texture, but it scratched my face to the point that it was uncomfortable to even use the pads. After I had rubbed the pads onto my face in a circular motion, my skin was so irritated that my face was red and had a burning sensation all over. The product apparently had too many harsh ingredients for my skin to tolerate.

Once that feeling subsided, my face felt tight. I thought this was a good sign, but it was actually just because the skin on my face was so dried out from using the pads. I was hoping that the tightness meant that my pores were reduced, but it was just an effect of the over-drying of my skin. I decided the pads were simply too harsh for my face altogether. I suppose they ...

• Noxzema - Extra Strength Astringent Pads
      may be okay for someone who has a lot of stubborn acne that they need to dry up, but I wasn’t even using them for that purpose and they were pretty awful to my face.

I decided to give them one more chance - but not on my face. I had a few little acne bumps on my shoulders and I figured these pads would probably dry them right up in no time. I used the pads in the same way I had on my face - in a circular motion. They felt a bit scratchy on my shoulders, but not as bad

as they felt on my face. To my disappointment, though, the few little bumps that I had actually turned into multiple bumps beccause the Noxema pads made me break out worse.

So, for me this product was not worth the $4 I paid for it because it didn’t work. The rest of the jar got thrown into the trash. It dried out my skin and also made it break out. I would no recommend this product to anyone, unless your skin is very oily and you can tolerate a product that will dry it out. For normal skin, this product is no good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131081249400231/k2311a0831/8.31.10