Clancy’s Pretzel Sticks
  • All I know is I never have to worry it seems about taking a bite out of a stale pretzel stick when I purchase a bag of these
  • The second reason I enjoy these pretzel sticks quite a bit is because they simply taste good
  • I like to be able to taste the salt as well as the pretzel, and that's something that I can do with these pretzel sticks

• by CirclingCanvas

Clancy’s Pretzel Sticks is a snack food item that’s well worth a dollar thirty for a sixteen-ounce bag. A lot of pretzel sticks come in a bag that size, making it ideal for friendly gatherings or even just to have around the house to snack on or have with a sandwich. What’s great about these pretzels is that they are both fresh and tasty. Every

time I’ve purchased a bag of these pretzel sticks, they’ve been fresh. I haven’t had any issues with stale pretzel sticks, even after I’ve had the bag opened for three or four weeks. I do however keep them in the refrigerator, so maybe that helps with the freshness somewhat. All I know is I never have to worry it seems about taking a bite out of a stale pretzel stick when I purchase a bag of these.

The second reason I enjoy these pretzel sticks quite a bit is because they simply taste good! The freshness of the pretzel sticks is part of the reason the pretzel sticks are pleasant to the taste, but also because they are moderately, although certainly not excessively, salted. I’m glad that these pretzel sticks aren’t ...

• Clancy's Pretzel Sticks
      absolutely loaded with salt because I find too much salt to be something that ruins the flavor of pretzels. I like to be able to taste the salt as well as the pretzel, and that’s something that I can do with these pretzel sticks. They’re crunchy and with every crunch comes flavor and so they make for an eye-opening snack as well as a tasty
      side come lunch time.

I’m very happy with these fresh, crunchy and flavorful pretzel sticks and I plan on sticking with them. The bag is big, so it’s good for get-togethers and the value is impressive, so it’s good just to have a bag around the house. The bag lasts, in both quantity and freshness, and for all the aforementioned reasons, I’m rating these pretzel sticks a “10″.

Nancy Ernst says :

United States

Clancy’s were the best pretzel sticks ever until the formula was changed. Now the sticks are thicker and taste different. My adult daughter and I are disappointed in the new pretzels.

CrclingCanvas replies :

Let Aldi know by going on the Aldi website, visiting the Contact Us section of the website and use your preferred contact method to voice your displeasure. If enough people give negative feedback and if enough people stop buying the pretzels, it might result in the old pretzel sticks being brought back. It’s kind of a long-shot, but who knows? It certainly can’t hurt to try.

Chuck Lavigne says :

All of a sudden the pretzels are not dark enough(cooked) and there is almost no salt anymore
Stopped buying them at Aldis’ Such a shame as they use to be the best I have ever had in my 77 years

CirclingCanvas replies :

Maybe give it a month or so and try another bag. Perhaps the most recent shipment had some bags that were filled with pretzels that didn’t get cooked enough or enough salt added. Issues can crop up sometimes along the assembly line process that results in some quality-control issues. I don’t know if that’s the case here or not it’s just speculation on my part.

robert says :

i agree,i have noticed that they have cut back on the salt. that was the only reason i bought them because they were salty and good with beer….

CirclingCanvas replies :

Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing whether this is a permanent change or not. You may want to give it some time before buying another bag just to see if maybe you happened to get a bag that came from a production batch that suffered a lapse in quality. If you let some time pass and then buy another bag, you can then see if the quality has returned to normal or if in fact the pretzels have changed for the worse. You can always return the pretzels with your receipt to the Aldi location that you bought them from if the pretzels continue to disappoint.

Chuck Lavigne says :

re : The second reason I enjoy these pretzel sticks quite a bit is because they simply taste good
Prefer dark, salty pretzels which these are not any more

CirclingCanvas replies :

Do you still have a bag and does it have any contact information on it? If there is a phone number, I recommend calling it and voicing your concerns over the drop in quality… it may not accomplish anything, but it also can’t hurt, if you have some time to spare one day.

Bill Gattis says :

Sitting here enjoying a bag of Clancy s Pretzel sticks Sep 13th 2018. When I was a young boy my Aunt had a box of Mr. Salty Pretzel Sticks and boy they sure made a impression on me and ever since then I enjoy the occasional Pretzel Stick We started shopping at Aldi and I grabbed a bag and much to my surprise they were GREAT
I been enjoying them for quite a long time now and unlike all the other people who said they stopped selling the Pretzel sticks, they still sell them here in New Jersey because every time I been in the store they always stocked up so I don t know? As far as I can tell these sticks are cooked to perfection, nice and dark with just the right amount of salt added If I closed my eyes and popped one in my mouth I probably couldn t tell if it was Mr Salty or Aldi Excellent job Aldi keep them coming

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2731081249210131/k2311a0831/8.31.10