The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Tint  » Cosmetics  »
  • I still love lip stains but I felt so disappointed by the lip stain I bought in Stila that I decided to try a different brand
  • I like The Body Shop because they are a company that do not test on animals and, more importantly, they let their customers know via text message of their in-store promotions
  • Anyway, when I got to their store, I found out that they had a product similar to Stila's but unlike Stila's lip stain, The Body Shop's Lip and Cheek Tint is packaged in a transparent plastic tube and topped with an aluminum screw cap
  • When I first tried it on and returned the wand to its cap, I noticed that bubbles formed inside the tube but according to its packaging, the product is good for 12 months so I don't think the bubbles have any effect on the product
  • I will definitely buy this again, maybe even before my tube runs out as I definitely don't want to be without this

• by blairwitch

I still love lip stains but I felt so disappointed by the lip stain I bought in Stila that I decided to try a different brand. I had planned to go to the department store to check out other brands when I remembered that The Body Shop had an on-going sale so I went to their store instead. I like The Body Shop because they are a company that do not test on animals and, more importantly, they let their customers know via text message of their in-store promotions.Anyway, when I got to their store, I found out that they had a product similar to Stila’s but unlike Stila’s lip stain, The Body Shop’s Lip and Cheek Tint is packaged in a transparent plastic tube and topped with an aluminum screw cap. The cap also serves as the handle of its wand applicator. The presentation of the product is simple and practical. I can just throw

it inside my makeup kit and not worry about it. What’s great about The Body Shop’s Lip and Cheek Tint is that it is originally priced at 795php but because the store was on sale, I got it for only half its price. This is such a great bargain! I can’t help but compare it to Stila which also costs 795php but I considered Stila’s very expensive because their lip stain only contains about one-fourth the contents of the Body Shop’s.

Comparing it again to Stila’s, The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Tint is not as pigmented as Stila’s but the difference is not noticeable on the lips. I like that The Body Shop’s wand has a sponge at the end because it makes for easy application. When I first tried it on and returned the wand to its cap, I noticed that bubbles formed inside the tube but according to its packaging, the product is ...

• good for 12 months so I don’t think the bubbles have any effect on the product. This is more than I can ask for since Stila’s last for only 3 months.

In terms of staying power, The Body Shop’s Lip and Cheek Tint lasted on my lips for hours. I wore it in the afternoon and come dinner time, there were still traces of the tint left. The stain is a combination of pink and red and looks great worn alone or under lip gloss. The pink and red tint gives just the right amount of color to make the lips stand out. The formula is a bit drying but it’s understandable since lip stains are known to be really drying on the lips. It’s nothing that a lip balm can’t remedy.

Aside from Stila, I have also tried Benefit’s Benetint and I must say that I like The Body Shop’s version better. In terms of packaging,

price point and shade, I prefer to use The Body Shop’s over any other lip stains in the market. Even if this product was not on sale, I would still buy it. I can’t think of any reason not to like this product. It is my opinion that this is the best product the company has come up with and I hope they never discontinue it. I have not tried using this product as a cheek stain as I prefer to use a creamy blush on the cheeks but as a lip stain, I am very satisfied with its performance. I will definitely buy this again, maybe even before my tube runs out as I definitely don’t want to be without this. This is my go to makeup for everyday and wearing it makes me feel presentable. All it takes is a swipe of The Body Shop’s Lip and Cheek Tint wand and I’m ready to face the day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131081249180131/k2311a0831/8.31.10