Ricola Honey Lemon Cough Lozenge  » Medicine  »
  • The flavor was overwhelming and I thought about taking it out a few times
  • The other thing I like about Ricola is that as I sucked it I could feel the juices dripping down into my chest
  • Since I didn’t buy them, I don’t know much about the cost
  • I suggest that anyone suffering from a nasty cough that keeps them up all night, try Ricola honey lemon

• by adrean_j

When I recently got a cold, I had to agonize through it until a friend gave me a couple of different medications to try. I had a terrible cough above all else. I was suffering the normal cold symptoms like runny nose and watery eyes, however the cough was the worse. I was coughing so much that it would make me gag and throw up.

It is really hard to keep down any food when dealing with this. I wasn’t taking anything for my cough, but my friend gave me some Ricola honey lemon cough lozenges. I took one right after having a serious coughing spell.

I didn’t expect it to make much of a difference because cough drops or throat lozenges never work for me. As soon as I stuck it in my mouth I didn’t really taste anything. After sucking it for a while, I started to taste the menthol and lemon flavor.

The honey was very fain, which I expected in a way. This lozenge was very strong once it sat in my mouth. The flavor was overwhelming and I thought about taking it out a few times.

The only reason I didn’t take it out is because it works absolute wonders.

As soon as I stuck the Ricola ...

• in my mouth my throat started to feel less irritated. It also stopped a cough in progress, which is really impressive.

I was feeling a relief that I hadn’t experienced from a throat lozenge before. I sucked on it for about 10 minutes before it dissolved. The whole time my cough had subsided leaving me free.

After the Ricola had dissolved completely my cough was still much more subtle and barely there. The other thing I like about Ricola is that as I sucked it I could feel the juices dripping down into my chest. It felt a little tingly, like it was breaking up the

mucous in my chest.

Sucking them throughout the day, I didn’t have to worry about gagging or throwing up. This lozenge is an essential for any cold. It soothed my throat and made it feel less scratchy.

I liked that it could do this without making my throat feel numb like Chloraseptic sprays and Sucrets. Ricola is now my number one favorite lozenge. Since I didn’t buy them, I don’t know much about the cost.

I would buy them no matter how much they cost, they just work that great. I suggest that anyone suffering from a nasty cough that keeps them up all night, try Ricola honey lemon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2631081249100131/k2311a0831/8.31.10