Hopton Holiday Park  » Travel  »
Hopton Holiday Park, Nr Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 9BW
  • There was an indoor and outdoor pool, though we only got to experience the indoor pool which was only basic but was great for our son to have a splash around with us around other children in a safe environment
  • As with all such sites there was an arcade and it catered for a range of ages and budgets which I thought was very useful, so even at the age of 4 there was plenty for our son to play on without leaving us completely out of pocket

• by JustHonest

I had not been on holiday for a few years and had not been on holiday in England since I was very young, so when my then partner suggested that we went on holiday to a Haven Park I agreed, but was a little unsure about it.

She had always been to Haven sites when she was younger and now that we had a son it seemed a nice idea for a weekend away.

We actually paid for our holiday via the Sun newspaper and when we received our destination as Hopton, we had never heard of the place, but we were looking forward to giving it a try.

When we got there I was pleasantly surprised. It was on the East coast, about 15 minutes down the road from Great Yarmouth. The park was situated in what

appeared to be lovely small village, a place you would never expect to find a Haven site at the back of.

The site itself was also very nice. The buildings were not old in appearance and neither were the caravans. There was an indoor and outdoor pool, though we only got to experience the indoor pool which was only basic but was great for our son to have a splash around with us around other children in a safe environment.

There was a clean looking restaurant, we only ate there once when we had a Sunday carvery but the meal was nice, however the service for what was always going to be a popular meal on a Sunday was a bit slow.

As with all such sites there was an arcade and it catered for a range of ...

• ages and budgets which I thought was very useful, so even at the age of 4 there was plenty for our son to play on without leaving us completely out of pocket.

We were lucky that when we stayed here the funstars, who are the group of adult entertainers, were brilliant and treated both myself, my son and my sons mum really well throughout our stay. I would go as far to say that they were largely responsible for making our stay so enjoyable.

We were only at Hopton for the weekend so it was hard to try everything on the site, for example there was a golf course but I didn’t find the time to even go and have a look.

I can honestly say that we had a great time though and our son especially appeared

to enjoy every minute which enhanced our enjoyment as well.

It is worth baring in mind though that these holidays are what you make of them. They can also be either cheap, or expensive, depending on how you want to budget and how willing you are to sometimes say no to your children.

There is always something to spend your money on, but there are also many things to do that are free, such as the swimming and the play ground. So plan what you are going to do whilst you are there. Plan how much you are going to take with you and plan where you are going to spend your money.

If you don’t do this, you might just find that you have a great holiday, but a very expensive one.

As for Hopton, we loved it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3831081248621231/k2311a0831/8.31.10