POLK AUDIO R300 Floorstanding Tower, 6.5″ Mid/Bass Drivers  » Electronics  »
  • My expectations were way off when it came to these speakers, all because the cost $50
  • So when I found out she had bought these cheap speakers, I was a little upset
  • First of all the first thing I noticed about these speakers was that they didn’t take up any room
  • The sound was amazing and the tweeters were even more amazing
  • I would recommend that if you were to buy this speaker, you should buy at least two

• by willyable

Well, there are so many things that I want to talk about when it comes to this set of speakers. My expectations were way off when it came to these speakers, all because the cost $50. I’ve never spent under $200 for a pair of speakers. And actually I didn’t pay for these, my wife did. So when I found out she had bought these cheap speakers, I was a little upset. It’s actually a tower speaker, not a pair of speakers. It’s one tall speaker that sounds as if it’s a pair, that’s how strong they are.

First of all the first thing I noticed about these speakers was that they didn’t take up any room. Which is a pretty good thing because we didn’t have much room to spare. The dimensions is

around 33″ x 7.75″ x 8.38″ So it was a cool thing to have a tower that was able to sit in the corner and look good at the same time. The only downside to this tower is that it comes with just that one tower. So I had to buy a subwoofer to go with it, to get the surround sound effect that I was looking for. But me buying a subwoofer took me about three months. So I had to use the tower by itself for a while. It was a bad thing though because it was well put together. The sound was amazing and the tweeters were even more amazing.

I ended up putting this speaker along side my plasma television which made it look so hot. It looked as if ...

• it actually came with it. The Balance polymer driver has a 0.75″ dynamic balance silk composite tweeter (which is dome) which allows me to listen to my audio with clarity. I mean I have not had one issue where I was dealing with muffled sound or distortion.

There are around 5 ports in the back of the speaker that allows me to hook it up to just about any electronic that I choose. It’s pretty flexible and that’s a good thing. But like I stated, it’s not functional with every electronic out there.

The only thing that I did notice was that it wasn’t hard for my TV to cause interference when using it and I was told other wise. It got to the point where I had to disconnect it

from my TV and reconnect it to my stereo system. It sucked after a while because I use my TV more than I use my stereo system.

There is a rear firing bass that allows the base to play out the back. Which gives it more power. I love it. But I don’t love the fact that it collects dust very fast. Now ‘m not sure what it’s made out of because whatever it’s made out of, it’s definitely not good. I find myself asking my wife to dust more than twice a week.

I would recommend that if you were to buy this speaker, you should buy at least two. And you might want to buy a woofer as well because you aren’t going to get major bass from just one of these floor speakers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1628081248550931/k2311a0828/8.28.10