Mobile One Cellular Service Singapore  » Cellular services  »
  • I always look for easy, cheap and convenient internet use
  • I was impressed about this because seldom do a mobile provider provide this kind of data packages
  • Despite not having a good economical internet package, I was happy with the average download and upload speed

• by sammy14

Mobile One holds the exclusive distribution of Vodafone in Singapore. This was one of the reasons why I chose this provider. I have used Sing Tel before but I wanted to try Mobile One.

I did not find the procedure in applying difficult. One of the benefits I would say was the on-the-phone application with this provider which gives everyone ease and utmost convenience. While I called their hotline number to inquire on the package and then I told them that I used to have Singapore Telecoms. They just asked me about my ID, to fax it to their office and so they can look into it. I submitted personal information too like email and cellphone number. Then after a day, I received an email with the instructions that my application was approved. As to application, this company does it for you instead of you going through the process. The process for activation was

very quick and easy too, I only waited for a day since my application was approved.

I always check for extra features what that particular cellphone provider is capable of offering on top of the basic cellphone use. I always look for easy, cheap and convenient internet use. Applications right now are incorporated in mostly all cellphones that is why a cellphone provider must give you a good internet connection and a cheap and attractive package. That would include, prices, if it has unlimited internet use ( e.g. like a whole day of unlimited Twitter or Facebook use ) and most importantly faster connectivity to the internet.

A good internet package plus good connectivity is important because everything is done wirelessly these days. I have not seen any mobile provider anywhere in the world which does offer internet surfing on top of their mobile service.

The first good thing about Mobile One is ...

• that they offer cheap unlimited surfing package even when you are roaming. I was impressed about this because seldom do a mobile provider provide this kind of data packages. The good thing is that it is unlimited. If you choose pay-as-you-surf, you are charged 1/2 cents per KB but they offer unlimited surfing while on roaming for 15 SGD. This benefits a heavy internet user, for instance one who is internet-savvy, who Tweets while traveling, this is the perfect plan. I find it beneficial too especially if you cross border when you are in Malaysia and Indonesia. The limitation of this bundled plan though is the limited coverage for certain countries only bearing only 6 countries. Another thing I did not like is that their roaming signal is GPRS and not 3G. It is quite slow that even a single Tweet, it take a little while. The price might be all right given it is fixed
        but too limited in terms of the countries available and the slow connectivity because of GRPS connection.

For domestic internet use, this provider offers plan at 5.35 SGD and 10.70 SGD but with limited data bundle. Not really economical and expensive I would say.

Despite not having a good economical internet package, I was happy with the average download and upload speed. Download speed averages around 6 mbps and upload is 1 mbps.

I am not happy with their internet packages. It is quite expensive. Despite giving unlimited surfing while on roaming, the same is too limited and you can barely enjoy if you are visiting a country which is not included in the list. Still, a free wifi in the hotel is a good option.

Their cellular service both in terms of connectivity, signal coverage, call rates and even billing is very good. I am just dissatisfied with their internet connection and packages.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2228081248430831/k2311a0828/8.28.10