Incident on a Dark Street movie  » Movies  »
  • He was pretty decent here, but I think I actually preferred Robert Pine, whose Paul Hamilton Jr was the newest lawyer to enter the Justice Department's fold
  • It felt very Jack Webb like to me, which is good because I love Webb TV, but regardless, it didn't get a call to the TV schedule

• by Orrymain

I wouldn’t be surprised if I’d seen this movie, Incident on a Dark Street, back when it aired in 1973, but I don’t remember it. Still, it was a TV pilot that had all the makings of a show I probably would watch. It didn’t sell, however, so it remains nothing more than a movie.

One of the reasons I may have skipped this movie was the primary star, James Olson. Olson was on just about everything in the 70’s.

You couldn’t turn on a show without him showing up, multiple times a week. More times than naught, though, he was a villain, and oftentimes, he was depraved, crazy, or just drugged out and/or delusional. To see him playing a government role, very straight laced, respectable, honorable, and well groomed, as he is here, was quite the change of pace.

I would have been more inclined to watch this because of another co-star, David Canary, who played one of the other attorneys.

• He was pretty decent here, but I think I actually preferred Robert Pine, whose Paul Hamilton Jr was the newest lawyer to enter the Justice Department’s fold.

The stories that took up the lawyers’ time were pretty standard. I didn’t care much for them. The scenes that got my attention were the ones with the three aforementioned actors together, discussing the situations.

William Shatner played another bad guy here. He was good, but I didn’t really care. Helping him in

the villain department were two other notables, Murray Hamilton and Gilbert Roland. More impressive to me, though, was Kathleen Lloyd as Louise Trenier, the wife of the man Hamilton was trying to put away. She’s always been someone I liked.

Overall, I think the show had some promise, but maybe it was the era. It felt very Jack Webb like to me, which is good because I love Webb TV, but regardless, it didn’t get a call to the TV schedule.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1128081247930831/k2311a0828/8.28.10