Dairy Queen Milk Shake
  • With the blending speeds used, this shake is thicker than many others, which is how I like it
  • While this isn't the best milk shake I've ever had, Dairy Queen has been consistent
  • It's very rare over the decades of purchasing that I've been disappointed

• by Orrymain

I really adore a thick milk shake. When I was in high school, there was a local place that really made awesome shakes. Boy, do I miss it. For a long time, fast food places have had lousy shakes, using imitation ingredients to have beverages that pose as shakes more than they were milk shakes.

That has changed, though, as many places have now returned real ice cream to their shake ingredients.

One place that has pretty much had the same, pretty good shakes is Dairy Queen. Their Milk Shakes have always been made with ice cream. My family has been a fan since I was a kid.

Once upon a time, we started giving our shepherd-collie the remains of the shakes, and he fell so in love with them that I kid you not, we started buying him milk shakes anytime we went to Dairy Queen. That dog loved a good shake, and he always knew when we showed up at home with one.

The Dairy Queen milk shakes are ...

• Dairy Queen Milk Shake
      made with the ice cream flavor of choice, the sauce or syrup flavor of choice such as chocolate syrup or strawberry sauce, and milk, which varies from one-third to half of the container, depending upon the store from what I’ve heard.

With the blending speeds used, this shake is thicker than many others, which is how I like it.

I actually sometimes let them freeze for a bit in the refrigerator to get them exactly the way I want.

While this isn’t the best milk shake I’ve ever had, Dairy Queen has been consistent. It’s very rare over the decades of purchasing that I’ve been disappointed. It’s real ice cream and it’s thicker than most. I like it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2728081247810731/k2311a0828/8.28.10