Sea Hunt: Underwater Beacon TV Show  » TV  »
  • The teamwork of Nelson and Chuck at that point was great, and I just enjoyed the hominess of those couple of scenes
  • So, overall, Underwater Beacon was not bad and had some interesting moments

• by Orrymain

Sea Hunt’s 27th episode of its third season was called Underwater Beacon, so named mostly from a piece of equipment deep sea diver Mike Nelson (Lloyd Bridges) was checking out for the United States Coast Guard.

Though not my favorite stories as a rule, I do like to see the shows of Sea Hunt where the technology

of the day was being tested and shown to viewers, probably for the first time. A lot of this equipment became standard with time but was still brand new in the late 50’s and early 60’s when this adventure series was airing on television.

I did not really catch the full name of the device which was referred to as a URC. I assume that means an underwater something, radar perhaps, but I’m just not sure. What the device did though was to determine where a strange sound from the ocean’s floor was coming from.

The part of the show that bothered me a little was Nelson’s partner for the testing, Chuck ...

• Sea Hunt: Underwater Beacon TV Show
      Baron played by Mike Road. He’d gone further than he was supposed to and we actually had a very worried Nelson performing an anxious search for quite a while. There just wasn’t a real acknowledgement of that once Chuck was found.

I did like the idea of how to get to the truth of the

matter. The teamwork of Nelson and Chuck at that point was great, and I just enjoyed the hominess of those couple of scenes.

Russ Conway returned for another appearance as Barney Adams, one of the United States Coast Guard officers who Nelson often works it.

So, overall, Underwater Beacon was not bad and had some interesting moments.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1028081247790731/k2311a0828/8.28.10