OXO Plastic 3 piece mixing bowl set
  • What I like about the mixing bowls is that they have a non-slide bottom so they are great for wisking eggs or stirring cake batter
  • Although I got the bowls as a gift, at the store they cost around $25 for the three piece set
  • I consider this to be a good value since I have gotten so much use out of the bowls, and they are priced reasonably
  • The only thing I don't like about these bowls is that they are not recommended for the microwave
  • I think you get a great product for the price with this set

• by mariekay

I got this mixing bowl set as a housewarming gift and I have since gotten quite a bit of use out of it. The set came with three mixing bowls in small, medium, and large. The bowls are white in color, and they are fairly heavy-duty compared to other plastic mixing bowls I have. What I like about the mixing bowls is that they have a non-slide bottom so they are great for wisking eggs or stirring cake batter. Other mixing bowls would slip on the counter, but these stay put when I am mixing something in them. Of course I still need to hold on to the bowl while I am mixing, but it grips onto the counter top in a way that makes it

easier to stir without spilling. The grippers are a rubber type surface that do a great job of keeping the bowl in place.

Another feature about the bowls that I like is the fact that they have a non-stick rubber grip on the opposite side of the pour spout so that when I am holding onto them and pouring something out, they are easy to grip and won’t slip out of my hand. This comes in handy, especially when the bowl is really full and heavy to hold on to. No more worrying about dropping it with the rubber grippers. The bowls have a pour spout for easy pouring of cake batter, pancakes, eggs, etc. They are also attractive enough to use as serving dishes for things ...

• like fruit salad. I have found many uses for these bowls and I find myself reaching for them again and again.

Although I got the bowls as a gift, at the store they cost around $25 for the three piece set. I consider this to be a good value since I have gotten so much use out of the bowls, and they are priced reasonably. They also look more expensive than they really are.

Even though these bowls are plastic, they look like they are made of ceramic since they have a shine to them and a hard surface. They clean up easier than other plastic bowls I have, too, which is another great thing about these bowls. Some plastic bowls I have used get stained or food doesn’t

come off easily, but these bowls wash clean every time, even after holding fruit or spaghetti. It is best to wash them immediately after using them, though.

The only thing I don’t like about these bowls is that they are not recommended for the microwave. So, if I have to heat something up, I can’t do it in these bowls. Other than that, I love these bowls.

Overall, I would recommend these bowls to anyone who is looking for an attractive and functionable set of mixing bowls. These are easier to use than the heavy glass bowls, and more practical. I think you get a great product for the price with this set. They are great to have in the kitchen, and also make a great gift.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5328081247540731/k2311a0828/8.28.10