Avon Astonishing Lenghts Mascara
  • I am usually satisfied with their products, and I love that when I order online, I get my products within 2 days even with standard shipping
  • I decided to try one of their mascaras and see how I liked it
  • I had to really wiggle the brush to get any extra volume at all, and I like my lashes to be thick
  • I would recommend this mascara to anyone who is looking for a product that gives lashes a boost in length, especially when applied over another mascara
  • I think the price is okay, and when it goes on sale, I consider it to be quite a bargain since it delivers just the results I was looking for

• by mariekay

I love buying products from Avon. I am usually satisfied with their products, and I love that when I order online, I get my products within 2 days even with standard shipping. I love looking through the catalogs and website, and I am always willing to try their products since they offer good quality at low prices most of the time. I decided to try one of their mascaras and see how I liked it. I ordered Astonishing Lengths with a recent order. The price was around $9, which is comparable to what I normally spend on mascara. I ordered the darkest black they had.

As usual, my order arrived promptly, and I was excited to try the mascara out. The tube was all

black, and when I removed the brush, it looked a little small to me. Also, the mascara product itself seemed a bit dried out compared to what I was used to in a mascara. When I applied it to my lashes, I liked that there was very little clumping, and that the product did give my lashes a boost in length. The product is light, so I needed to apply a couple coats to get the look I wanted. Although the mascara does help out with length, it does little to add any volume. I had to really wiggle the brush to get any extra volume at all, and I like my lashes to be thick. This mascara made my lashes look longer, but still thin.

Since this ...

• mascara helped out my lashes by adding length, I decided to try it over my normal volumizing mascara. Wow, that was just what I needed! The Avon mascara worked awesome over the other mascara, and gave my lashes noticable length! One thing I didn’t like about it was that it took a long time to dry when I applied it over the other mascara, and I had to be careful with it or it would smudge on my eyelids or under my eyes.

I have since seen this mascara in the catalog on sale for under $4, so I purchased another tube of it. Although it isn’t so great when it is applied on its own, it works wonderfully over a volumizing mascara (if you have enough patience to

let it dry). This mascara is one of the few I have tried that actually give me a noticable difference in length.

I would recommend this mascara to anyone who is looking for a product that gives lashes a boost in length, especially when applied over another mascara. Even though the brush is small and the product seems a bit dry when it first comes out of the tube, it works well. For a more natural look, some might prefer to wear this on its own. But for a dramatic look, pair this with another mascara for great results! I think the price is okay, and when it goes on sale, I consider it to be quite a bargain since it delivers just the results I was looking for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128081247460731/k2311a0828/8.28.10