Eastport Clear Backpack  » Other  »
  • I think that the Eastport Backpack in clear is better than some of their other backpacks because the stitching is made right in to the plastic of the back pack
  • There was one issue with the zipper in the front pocket where the zipper handle broke off (the same as the other Eastport Backpacks) but I was able to reattach it with out to much problem in this case
  • Now I still do not recommend that you buy this as a back to school item

• by makeithappen

My daughter likes bags. I do not know how else to say it but she loves carrying things around with her every where she goes. She likes purses and back packs and all kinds of bags. She wanted a clear back pack for school but I did not think that was a good idea. I did not like the thought of everyone seeing everything in her back pack. I explained to her that she might have things in her back pack (like money) that she doesn’t want other people to see. Still she wanted a clear back pack to have as a bag to carry her things around in. My father bought her the Eastport Clear backpack. The truth is that I have hated the cheap backpacks from Eastport because they do not last and are not durable at all. However this was a gift so I could not really say

much. Who argues with free. Surprisingly this backpack was a little bit better than the other Eastport Backpacks that I had tired. This packpack only costs $9.00 and comes in different colors. My daughter uses hers to keep stuffed animals in and takes it on all of her trips with her and is still using it for that purpose.

I think that the Eastport Backpack in clear is better than some of their other backpacks because the stitching is made right in to the plastic of the back pack. The whole back pack is made of this same plastic and the stitches are not right at the edges like in other Eastport Backpacks. I think it is the combination of the deep stitching and plastic which makes this back pack durable. I think other Eastport Back packs fall apart because the cloth they use is thin and flimsy. Because this one is ...

• made of plastic it does not fall to wear and tear. It has no holes in it as of yet and for the most part is standing through the test of time. There was one issue with the zipper in the front pocket where the zipper handle broke off (the same as the other Eastport Backpacks) but I was able to reattach it with out to much problem in this case. As far as size goes this back pack can hold quite a few stuffed animals. It is about the cheapest backpack you are going to find at that price.

Now I still do not recommend that you buy this as a back to school item. I do not think that a clear back pack is appropriate for any ages. Think about it, a young child may have an accident and need cloths to be sent home in the back pack.

That could be very embarrassing. Not only do children carry money in their back packs but sometimes toys and other electronics as well. I think that makes the Eastport Clear Backpack a bit of a hazard. Now after a year of use one of the shoulder straps has come off but it still has the other one which still makes it serve its purpose as a bag to carry stuffed animals around in. I do not know that I would say these bags are practical but they are durable. I would only recommend this as a play backpack and if it were used for that I would give it a ten. However because it is sold as school supplies during back to school shopping I will bring my rating down because I do not think that is what this bag should me marketed towards due to the safety issue of having a clear backpack.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1228081247390731/k2311a0828/8.28.10