Room Full Of Mirrors: A Biography Of Jimi Hendrix
  • When I chose to learn more about Hendrix I bought this biography “Room Full of Mirrors” to learn more about him
  • Though most of the information was taken from interviews, I enjoyed how the book kept a very un-opinionated point of view
  • I did find that the first two chapters or so that went through Hendrix’s family tree were slightly boring and a bit unnecessary
  • I thought this because the reader can see how Hendrix looked at the time of his life you are reading about at that point
  • I would recommend this biography to anyone who wants to read about a rock legend, guitar god, or just a good read on a well known figure

• by Rdntrprss

Jimi Hendrix is one of the world’s most known guitarists. When I chose to learn more about Hendrix I bought this biographyRoom Full of Mirrors” to learn more about him. What I read in this book was nothing close to what I was expecting. This book was beautifully written and carefully researched.

I bought the trade paperback version for a reasonable $20 at Indigo. The author, Charles R. Cross, is well versed in the history of Northwestern U.

S music and has written about other Seattle born artists such as Kurt Cobain (in addition to Hendrix). He

was also the editor of a Northwestern Music magazine called The Rocket from 1986-2000. The author gathered information for this book by interviewing hundreds of friends, family, mistresses, and band mates of Jimi Hendrix.

Though most of the information was taken from interviews, I enjoyed how the book kept a very un-opinionated point of view. I enjoyed the depth that this book provided as it not only covered Hendrix’s life, but also pieces from his diary and a deep look through his family tree. I did find that the first two chapters or so that went through Hendrix’s ...

• family tree were slightly boring and a bit unnecessary.

The only service I felt the background history on his family provided was to help readers not get confused when conversation of his complicated family came up in later chapters. I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures provided in this book. I more so enjoyed the pictures of his childhood which cannot be found on the internet.

The complete range of pictures, childhood through to adulthood, gave a great supplementation to the biography. I thought this because the reader can see how Hendrix looked at the time of his life you

are reading about at that point. Another point I liked was the accuracy of the dates.

Such as the dates his experimentations with certain drugs began. The day he played his first show and the venue it was at. The first time he met Eric Clapton.

The first time he went to England. Even the months that his person fashion tastes changed. This biography is one of the greatest I have read so far.

I would recommend this biography to anyone who wants to read about a rock legend, guitar god, or just a good read on a well known figure.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1728081247220631/k2311a0828/8.28.10