Kingston USB 8 GB flash drive Data Traveller 101  » Hardware  »
  • I bought this flash drive for RM 50 from Low Yat Plaza, Kuala Lumpur on January 2010
  • Kingston is definitely my chosen brand for data storage

• by User

I bought this flash drive for RM 50 from Low Yat Plaza, Kuala Lumpur on January 2010. I remember that the price of flash drive had dropped dramatically from RM 200 in 2003 (512 MB pen drive). This pen drive is compatible from Windows 2000 until Windows 7. The flash drive is small and extremely portable, making it to become one of the most popular storage media around the world. This pen drive can fit into my purse, key chain, and even necklace! For me, this 8 GB pen drive gives me a sufficiently large storage space for my videos, songs, and documents. The pen drive can be used within 1 minute after plug in where its driver will be automatically installed.

I have not experienced any problems during the installation of its driver using this pen drive.

This pen drive has a pinky, sleek design. The pen drive casing is translucent and I can see the mini circuit boards inside. This is a cap less pen drive with an attached swivel housing design. Therefore, I will not lose its cap. The swivel housing is made of scratch-resistant steel and its labeling on the steel does not peel off easily. The yellow LED on the pen drive will flash when there is a communication between my computer and the pen drive. The yellow light and the pinkish pen drive do look beautiful in the night!

This pen drive is backed up with 5 years ...

• warranty period. Therefore, I have no worries at all when buying this Kingston pen drive. Other pen drives such as “Transcend” and “Crucial” have only 2 years warranty. This may sound good to you but be careful of fake Kingston pen drives that sell at lower price than normal. Fortunately, Kingston cardboard wrapper contains “Authentication code” and “License key” to verify the authenticity of the pen drive. This pen drive can sustain a number of light drops.

Sometimes, when I plug the flash drive into my computer, the “Scan and fix” screen will appear and prompt me to scan my pen drive. This is quite annoying for me because I have to let my computer to scan my flash drive before I can

access my data in it. My computer normally did not found any problems with my pen drive after scanning. I have no problems with read speed of the files in the pen drive, but the writing speed of files into the pen drive seems to be slow. Its maximum writing speed is ranges from 1 MB/s to a maximum of 6 MB/s. This can be quite frustrating when I copy large files (1 GB or more) into my pen drive. However, I believed that most pen drive lies in this speed range.

I have not experienced any defects, crashes, or corruption of files with this pen drive and I’m very satisfied with it. Kingston is definitely my chosen brand for data storage.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3328081246850631/k2311a0828/8.28.10