Tesco Lavender 2-in-1 Clothes Washing Gel  » Housewares  »
  • The only thing is, I found it did not leaves my washing smelling particularly of lavender or anything really
  • I was previously using an expensive washing liquid and fabric conditioner combined product like this and I thought this cheap Tesco one was just as good at softening my clothing and bed sheets
  • Unfortunately the only downside is that my washing did not come out of the machine smelling fragrant at all, although it smelled nice and clean

• by jeanne71

This Lavender 2-in-1 Gel from Tesco’s own brand is very cheap and it is very effective at getting clothes clean and leaving them soft. The only thing is, I found it did not leaves my washing smelling particularly of lavender or anything really. They smelled clean but I could not pick up on a lavender fragrance at all. I washed my bed covers yesterday and was looking forward to sinking into lavender-scented sheets that should have pleasantly wafted me off to sleep, but I could not

smell it at all. It has coped very well with getting everything clean though.

This is a very thick, concentrated gel which is purple in colour. We are supposed to use the screw-off cap to measure the product out. Under that big purple measuring cap the chunky round bottle has a flip-top lid. The measuring cap has a sort of bowl within that and we are instructed to squeeze the gel up to the first line for lightly soiled clothes and up to the top of ...

• that bowl for heavily soiled clothing. The label claims that this is effective at cleaning at only 15% and it says that we should get 18 washes out of the bottle. Because the gel is so thick, we are advised to put the measuring cap on top of the clothes at the back of the washing machine drum, rather than pouring the gel into the laundry product drawer. This is so the gel can dissolve better under the running water in the drum I presume.

Well, I

found this excellent for getting stains out as it even removed dried blood and other stains. I was previously using an expensive washing liquid and fabric conditioner combined product like this and I thought this cheap Tesco one was just as good at softening my clothing and bed sheets. Unfortunately the only downside is that my washing did not come out of the machine smelling fragrant at all, although it smelled nice and clean. Apart from the lack of scent, this is quite a good clothes washing product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5328081246670631/k2311a0828/8.28.10