Rimmel Renew & Lift Regenerating, Firming Foundation
  • Although I love this foundation, I must go and buy myself the lighter shade as this one is just a little too yellow for me
  • This ‘Soft Beige’ is the second lightest shade and I think there were about five to choose from, at least where I bought it from which was Morrisons supermarket
  • As I smooth the foundation over my skin, it does have a quality to it that does feel firming as my skin feels kind of plumped up and more rubbery (maybe that is not the best word to use)
  • Although I bought a slightly wrong colour for me, it made my skin look somewhat iridescent too
  • I would totally recommend this great foundation from Rimmel London

• by jeanne71

I have dry, ageing skin which, sadly, is beginning to sag and I am developing jowels like Geoffrey Palmer’s. This ‘Renew & Lift Regenerating, Firming Foundation’ from Rimmel is absolutely fantastic and I find it perfect for my skin. As I apply it to my skin, I feel as though I am applying collagen straight to my face. The reason our skin sags in the first place is because the collagen in our skin cells depletes as time goes on. This immediately makes my skin feel firmer and it looks younger. I still have my beloved jowels – I would have to have plastic surgery to get rid of those completely (no way!) – but my face basically looks a lot fresher and firmer.

I must point out that I can see from some other reviews that Rimmel seem to have a ‘Renew & Lift’ foundation out that is supposed to have an effect over 12 days. But this one does not mention a long-term effect, but just simply an instant effect of more youthful, firmer looking skin.

Although I love this foundation, I must go and buy myself the lighter shade as this one is just a little too yellow for me. I have lost a lot of my summer tan on my face and I am back to my pasty old self at the moment, so this one is just slightly too dark, but I just about get away with it. It has no nasty orange to the ...

• colour, but it is a bit yellow for me. I will keep this one for when I build-up a light tan again (it has rained a lot here in England lately). This ‘Soft Beige’ is the second lightest shade and I think there were about five to choose from, at least where I bought it from which was Morrisons supermarket.

The bottle says that the magic firming and lifting ingredient is called hyaluronic serum. As I smooth the foundation over my skin, it does have a quality to it that does feel firming as my skin feels kind of plumped up and more rubbery (maybe that is not the best word to use). It gives a good coverage that I would say is medium coverage, which

is perfect for my blotchy skin but does not look caked on. It really seems to plump the skin and seems to fill in some fine lines and my pores look more refined, so it makes my skin look younger. Although I bought a slightly wrong colour for me, it made my skin look somewhat iridescent too.

I am also pleased with the lasting power of this foundation as it looked good all day. My skin is my worst feature really and it gives me confidence to know that my skin still looks good at the end of the day. My skin is naturally dry but this foundation made my skin feel soft without any greasiness. I would totally recommend this great foundation from Rimmel London.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128081246550531/k2311a0828/8.28.10