Simple Exfoliating Facial Wipes  » Cosmetics  »
  • I did not actually like using these exfoliating facial wipes from the Simple range, although I must say that they do work very well and they have left my skin very soft indeed

• by jeanne71

I did not actually like using these exfoliating facial wipes from the Simple range, although I must say that they do work very well and they have left my skin very soft indeed. They are just not nice to use. I would not buy this product again as I have many skin care products to slough off dead skin cells and those are more pleasurable ways of doing it than using these wipes. Having said that, they have an advantage over a lot of exfoliants I have used as they are really, really moisturizing. After use, my normally dry skin feels as though I have already applied a moisturizer. So this is a great product for young skin and ageing

skin alike, if you do not mind the feel of the wipe itself.

You get 25 wipes in each packet, which is the usual kind of affair for cleansing wipes, with a re-sealable label that you peel back to access the wipes inside and then stick back down to keep in the moisture. If you do not seal the packet properly, the product will evaporate from the wipes and they will dry out. Each wipe is a good size, measuring about the size of your face as most wipes are. It is the texture of these wipes that is so unusual. They have the feel of the kind of cloth you would use to do the dishes with. Instead of being ...

• quite smooth like most wipes, they have a vivid weave and feels rather like a very thick kitchen towel, albeit infused with a moist cleansing product. What I do not like about using them is that the wipe feels quite scratchy on my skin. Obviously you are not supposed to use this on the delicate area around the eyes, as you would not do with any exfoliant as the skin is too thin, but I really find it feels kind of unpleasant to use. As usual with most facial wipes, it takes two wipes to remove all my make-up. I get the majority off with the first wipe and then finish off with the second.

I can tell that these are effective

for removing dirt and those pore-clogging dead skin cells though as my pores have that refined look to them and my skin looks bright and clean and clear of impurities. My skin also has that lovely soft feeling I get after I have used a facial scrub or something, but it also feels as though I have used a nourishing moisturizer, so the cleansing product the wipes are infused with is lovely and hydrating. Being a Simple product, these wipes have no scent to them and I have not suffered any irritation of my sensitive skin such as redness, despite the scratchiness of them. For me, they are just a bit too scratchy for me to buy again, but they certainly do work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128081246540531/k2311a0828/8.28.10