Morrisons Multi-Surface Furniture Polish Wipes  » Housewares  »
  • I love it when my flat is all clean and shiny but, due to laziness and/or lack of spare time, I do not always live up to my expectations

• by jeanne71

I am finding these multi-surface polish wipes, from Morrisons own brand, really useful. I love it when my flat is all clean and shiny but, due to laziness and/or lack of spare time, I do not always live up to my expectations. I would always give my flat a good clean at the weekend and polish all the surfaces to leave them shiny, but within a couple of days everything has picked up dust again, or I have made coffee rings etc, so then it all starts to look mucky again. These wipes are great as I can take just one wipe and whip round the living room and make everything

shiny again. I do not know if Morrisons product other fragrances as I did not notice, but mine are lavender scented and so they make the room smell nice too.

These are large oblong wipes – 8 inches by 10 inches – and they are infused with a multi-surface furniture polish. The label says these are fine to be used on wood, glass, paintwork, mirrors tiles and enamel but stresses that they are not suitable for use on plasma screen televisions and computer screens. They do not say that they cannot be used on antique wood, as multi-surface polishes are usually not suitable, so I guess they are not harmful to quality ...

• wood, but you may want to still use a proper beeswax polish on your really good furniture to keep it in condition. They advise that we cover large surfaces first and use the wipe lightly and then move onto smaller items and press harder, I presume to release some of the product which is infused in the wipe. The wipe is like a thicker version of a facial cleansing wipe – white, smooth and very strong.

I wondered how these would handle cleaning a glass surface - like the screen of my portable television or my mirror – without leaving any streaks as when I use a separate cloth and a

spray polish I use a dry part of the cloth to buff away the streaks. Actually I find these wipes as streak free as when I use a separate cloth and polish – which is not perfect but relatively streak free - and I have even been using them to clean my sunglasses and they have been fine. As the cleaning product dries on the surface, the streaks seem to evaporate somewhat. The product is also static-free so these wipes are very effective indeed. I like this product; it is a very handy alternative to separate polish and cloths. They come in a handy re-sealable packet to keep them moist too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5328081246510531/k2311a0828/8.28.10