Tesco 30 Eye Make-up Remover Pads Sensitive Skin  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • They are just not moist enough to be effective and so, although they are cheap, I would not recommend them as it is false economy
  • Unfortunately, these particular pads are pretty dry to begin with, but I digress
  • I have suffered from no kind of irritation after using these pads – and I do have sensitive skin that is prone to flare-ups – but I think it is just too mild and gentle to be really effective

• by jeanne71

I do not think these eye make-up remover pads are that appropriate for sensitive skin as I have to scrub so much with them to remove my make-up that my eyes are left a bit sore. These were very cheap and you get 30 pads in each packet, but they have the common downfall of a lot of these make-up removing pads – there is just not enough cleansing product in them. They are just not moist enough to be effective and so, although they are cheap, I would not recommend them as it is false economy.

The pads come in a small, square, aqua-blue packet which has a re-sealable tab that you peel back to access the pads and then you must stick in firmly back down to

keep the pads from drying out. Unfortunately, these particular pads are pretty dry to begin with, but I digress. The tab on these ones does stick back down firmly so, if they were moist in the first place, the packet would keep them moist very well.

In size and texture, these pads are very much like other pads I have tried. They are about the size and shape of a rounded teabag. They are made of a soft white material, like a very thick fabric, with a knobbly surface on the one side and a smoother surface on the other. I always use the knobbly surface first to remove the majority of my eye make-up and then go over it again with the smooth side.

• The pads themselves are soft, but are not moist enough. I used three pads on my eyes until no more make-up was coming off onto the pad. I would usually need to use about three pads to remove my eye make-up. Unfortunately when I looked in the mirror with the good light, I could see that I had still had plenty of waterproof mascara and my smudgeproof eye liner remaining on my eyes. That means I will look like a panda in the morning.

The packet says that this product has been dermatologically tested, is hypoallergenic and is mild and gentle. I have suffered from no kind of irritation after using these pads – and I do have sensitive skin that is prone to flare-ups

– but I think it is just too mild and gentle to be really effective. It does not help that there is not enough of the cleansing product infused in these cleansing wipes. The packet does claim that this product has been formulated to ‘gently ease away’ our eye make-up, even waterproof mascara, but I find that these are just not effective. I will use up the rest of these wipes by adding some separate eye make-up removing product, which of course defeats the purpose of these wipes which are supposed to be used on their own. I therefore cannot recommend that you bother buying these pads, despite the economical price. Your eyes will probably end up irritated as you have to scrub so much.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128081246500531/k2311a0828/8.28.10