Tesco Crunchy Caramel Biscuits  » Food  »
  • I think these are heavenly and you will like them if you like Twix as these are Twix rip-offs, but in a fun-size
  • These are from Tesco’s own brand and I know Tesco do a Mars bar rip-off in the same vein too and they are also gorgeous
  • I love Twix, so to compare these to Twix maybe I would say that the biscuit was not quite as crumbly, but I cannot really think of anything else

• by jeanne71

You get 15 of these ‘treat size’ chocolate caramel biscuits in a packet and it only costs about £1. I think these are heavenly and you will like them if you like Twix as these are Twix rip-offs, but in a fun-size. These are from Tesco’s own brand and I know Tesco do a Mars bar rip-off in the same vein too and they are also gorgeous.

Each treat-size bar is a few inches long,

as though you have cut a Twix finger into half I guess, except they are wider and flatter than a Twix finger. They have the same set-up as a Twix; there is a layer of sweet biscuit with a sweet caramel layer on top of that and then it is coated in milk chocolate. I love Twix, so to compare these to Twix maybe I would say that the biscuit was not quite as ...

• crumbly, but I cannot really think of anything else. These are really great little snack bars, they are really moreish and I can never have just one. Last night, I could not tear myself away from the cupboard where they are kept – I kept saying to myself ‘just one more’. This packet of 15 has not lasted long in my house.

If you can resist any more than one, each little bar contains

105 calories which is not bad, if you have the will power to say ‘no more’! These would be brilliant to give one to the kids who are pestering you for chocolate as they are not as big as a traditional chocolate bar so they will not fill them up too much. I love these bars and I am buying some more next time I go to Tesco – and they are really cheap too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2728081246430531/k2311a0828/8.28.10