DelGrosso Meat Flavored Spaghetti Sauce
  • This spaghetti sauce gets a 7 from me, because aside from the sweetness, it's thick and tasty spaghetti sauce that conveys the flavor of well-prepared and seasoned meat pretty well

• by CirclingCanvas

There’s one thing that I really like a lot about DelGrosso Meat Flavored Spaghetti Sauce, but there’s also something that bothers me more than a little about this spaghetti sauce, too. First, what’s quite nice about this spaghetti sauce is its texture. It’s on the thick side. Since the spaghetti sauce isn’t watery, it easily sticks to whatever kind of pasta I’m pouring it over. Also, because it’s thick, I find that I don’t have to use as much spaghetti sauce since

it doesn’t drip and form a puddle in my plate. It’s thicker, therefore it coats the pasta better and so I don’t have to pile on the spaghetti sauce.

What bothers me about this spaghetti sauce though is it’s kind of sweet. I was a bit put off by the sweetness of the spaghetti sauce because I’m just not used to spaghetti sauce having that extra degree of sweetness. I wouldn’t really call it pleasant as a result. It distracted me from the ...

• otherwise fairly tasty flavoring present in the spaghetti sauce. It tasted as if a generous amount of herbs and seasonings had been added to the spaghetti sauce, but it was somewhat difficult to enjoy the herbs and seasonings with the spaghetti sauce having that sweet bite to it that didn’t quite settle well with me.

While the sweetness didn’t totally ruin this spaghetti sauce for me, my enjoyment the pasta dish that I prepared was lowered to an extent due to the

sweetness serving as a distraction from the otherwise rich flavor of the spaghetti sauce, as well as a not so compatible flavor with grated cheese and garlic bread. For just under a dollar, this spaghetti sauce undeniably offers a rich flavor, but the richness, in the form of a sweetness, isn’t so much for me. This spaghetti sauce gets a “7″ from me, because aside from the sweetness, it’s thick and tasty spaghetti sauce that conveys the flavor of well-prepared and seasoned meat pretty well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2728081246240531/k2311a0828/8.28.10