Hunt’s Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce
1.0
  • I would pay more than just eighty-eight cents a can, which is what this spaghetti sauce and the other flavored sauces cost from Hunt's, if I ended up with a spaghetti sauce that had the flavor that was written on the front of the can
  • Until they do that though, I won't be able to positively comment on the flavored spaghetti sauces and recommend them

• by CirclingCanvas

Hunt’s Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce is not for the mushroom-lover. If you’re someone that enjoys mushrooms in your spaghetti sauce or a mushroom-flavored spaghetti sauce, then you’re in for a mighty big disappointment if you purchase this spaghetti sauce. To me, this spaghetti sauce almost tastes just like the Hunt’s Traditional Spaghetti Sauce or the Four Cheese or Garlic & Herb varieties, also made by Hunt’s. Yes, they all taste basically the same, despite what the can, nutritional facts and ingredients all read.

There’s

perhaps the slightest hint of mushroom in the spaghetti sauce, but it becomes pretty much impossible to make out the mushroom flavor if you add any kind of grated cheese to the top of your pasta dish. The mushroom flavor is ridiculously weak and if one pasta dish had this sauce and another pasta dish had Hunt’s Traditional Spaghetti Sauce, I doubt I’d be able to tell the difference even without grated cheese on top. As a spaghetti sauce, this sauce serves it’s ...

• purpose: it’s basically as good as any none-flavored spaghetti sauce, but as a mushroom-flavored sauce, it pretty much fails the taste test completely. It’s mildly thick, which is good, but the thickness of the spaghetti sauce isn’t quite as important as the flavor of the sauce, although I certainly don’t want real thin and watery sauce. I did want a spaghetti sauce flavored with mushrooms though, and that, I most certainly didn’t get.

Hunt’s really needs to redo their entire line of flavored spaghetti

sauces because they never deliver in the flavor department. I would pay more than just eighty-eight cents a can, which is what this spaghetti sauce and the other flavored sauces cost from Hunt’s, if I ended up with a spaghetti sauce that had the flavor that was written on the front of the can. Until they do that though, I won’t be able to positively comment on the flavored spaghetti sauces and recommend them. This spaghetti sauce gets a “2″ rating from me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2728081246230531/k2311a0828/8.28.10