Chinese Kitchen Buffet: Waco, TX  » Restaurants  »
1.5
416 North Valley Mills Drive, Waco, TX 76710
  • While going down US-84, I noticed this restaurant's slighty distant sign, with the big words Chinese and Buffet
  • I thought it had closed a while ago, but there were lights on inside and a lit Open sign
  • I was really skeptical at first, but I figured at worst it would be an interesting conversation piece
  • I wasn't really impressed, but I wasn't too disappointed
  • I don't recommend this restaurant to anybody

• by Ricardo L

After work I was looking for a place to get some Chinese food. I wasn’t familiar with the area so I was pretty open minded to what was around. While going down US-84, I noticed this restaurant’s slighty distant sign, with the big words “Chinese” and “Buffet”. I went into the parking lot to see a stand-alone building that looked like the last time the exterior was tended was 15 years ago. I thought it had closed a while ago, but there were lights

on inside and a lit “Open” sign. I was really skeptical at first, but I figured at worst it would be an interesting conversation piece. So I decided to give it a try.

When I walked in I was greeted rather promptly and seated. While walking to my booth, I got a good look around. The interior was like the exterior- probably nice about 15 years ago, but very worn now. I was the only one there as well, despite it being 7:00pm. So ...

• far I had the impression that this was going to be one of those experiences that create a humorous story to bring back home.

The food was okay, but not exactly good. The buffet was pretty large, but it means nothing if the food isn’t good. The General Tso’s chicken was a bit mushy, as was the seseme chicken. The orange chicken was NOT orange chicken- it was typical fried chicken fingers that weren’t good either. The peppered shrimp was actually decent, however the fried

shimp was obviously frozen for years. The pepper steak was decent. I wasn’t really impressed, but I wasn’t too disappointed.

The service was okay. I had two plates on my table before they were taken, but my refills were given. The soda was slightly flat, but that’s expected.

For $8.95, there are a lot of better values within a mile. I don’t recommend this restaurant to anybody. While it wasn’t bad enough to create a funny story to tell the guys, it wasn’t good. Avoid this place.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 728081246120531/k2311a0828/8.28.10