Cats-pets  » Pets  »
  • Cats, in my opinion, are the perfect choice of pets
  • Raise and treat your cat right, and there won't be such a problem

• by Lorianna
      Cats, in my opinion, are the perfect choice of pets. They are intelligent, gentle, funny, and clean, and they have strong and distinct personalities. If properly raised and cared for, they will be excellent companions and friends.

They don’t have to be let outside a couple of times each day like dogs do, and there is usually no potty training routine that will last for months with a puppy. (Don’t get me wrong, puppies are adorable too, and I love them, but they do

require more care.

) There is nothing in the world like curling up on the couch on a rainy day with a purring kitty on your lap. The antics of a kitten will entertain you for hours.

Have you ever seen a kitten arch its back and run sideways?! How about two kittens ambushing one another, jumping out of their hiding place standing upright on their hind legs with the front paws raised high - BOO!

The usual complaints I hear from cat-haters are the ...

• following: 1) Scratching furniture. There are several solutions to that, from a scratching pole to protective nail caps for the cat’s claws called Soft Paws (see my review of those).

2) Scratching people. Raise and treat your cat right, and there won’t be such a problem.

Don’t train the cat to think that your hands or feet are toys. 3) Hair.

There is such a thing as vacuum cleaner as well as other cleaning devices. There are also short-haired breeds of cats that will

still shed, but not as much as long-hairs.

4) Hairballs. Use hairball-preventing cat food, like IAMS Hairball Care, and the problem is solved.

5) Litter box odor. Find a good litter box filler and replace it often.

6) Independence. Yes, cats are not like dogs.

They are more like people, you have to earn their trust and respect, and you have to respect them, too. But when you have proven to your cat that you can be trusted, and that you love them and understand them, you’ve got a friend for life.

Cats rock!!

K L Gregerson says :

re : Cats, in my opinion, are the perfect choice of pets
    I agree. I get my cat’s personality because I can be the same way. Sometimes I want to be snuggly, sometimes I want to be close by, and sometimes I want just want to be alone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29241012461131/k2311a1024/10.24.05