Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme Powder Foundation  » Cosmetics  »
  • I was curious about this product and so while I was in Rustan's in Makati, I went to the Chanel counter and was totally shocked that it cost P3,000 or about $60
  • I did not expect that price and I thought it would be just around $30 or $40
  • I am impressed because the application looks stellar even with the use of the sponge
  • It has a light to medium coverage so I think this is better if you have clear skin and you have nothing to hide
  • If you are looking for a powder foundation which gives impressive coverage, I highly recommend you give Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme Powder Foundation

• by labeya17

I received Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme Powder Foundation with SPF20 as a present for my birthday last year from one of my friends. I was very thrilled because that was my first time to own a Chanel powder foundation. I was curious about this product and so while I was in Rustan’s in Makati, I went to the Chanel counter and was totally shocked that it cost P3,000 or about $60! I did not expect that price and I thought it would be just around $30 or $40.

The compact comes with a tiny sponge and I use it often when I go out and I don’t have my powder brush with me. I am impressed because the application looks stellar even with the use of the sponge. I just make sure that I blot

the foundation instead of wiping it on my face. There is really no need for any expensive or fancy brush because the sponge alone is enough to give good coverage. The powder foundation is also finely-milled and it blended into a smooth and flawless finish. The shade that my friend gave to me was 90 in Creme Beige and it suited my yellowish skin tone perfectly. It looked like second skin and it covered up some of the minor imperfections on my face very well. It has a light to medium coverage so I think this is better if you have clear skin and you have nothing to hide. What I do is that I slightly wet the sponge to build up more coverage. It has a matte finish but not the kind of matte ...

• that looks dead. I receive a lot of compliments from friends and even strangers when I use this powder foundation. They said that my skin looked really flawless and some of my friends who know about the scarring in my face asked me what I was using. I guess you could say that Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme Powder Foundation works really well.

Another thing that I like about the powder foundation is that it does not have any fancy smell at all. I am not a big fan of scented products because I think that they would make my skin break out. The staying power is also impressive because it usually lasts for a long time on my face without the need to retouch or reapply. It last for about the whole day on my face

and I only had to bring an oil-blotting sheet with me to keep the oiliness at bay. It also did not break me out at all. I tested it on for about a week and I have noticed that there were no new pimples or whiteheads from using this product daily. It did not say in the packaging that it’s hypoallergenic so I am thrilled that it worked well with my acne-prone and sensitive skin.

Overall, this is one of the best powder foundations that I have ever used. I also like the fact that I can just purchase a refill instead of buying a whole new compact which costs a whole lot more. If you are looking for a powder foundation which gives impressive coverage, I highly recommend you give Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme Powder Foundation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128081245890431/k2311a0828/8.28.10