Arm and Hammer Baking Soda Tooth Paste  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • The initial experience was also a little painful, this is probably because the excess amount of mint which burned and numbed my mouth
  • I am not a die hard fan of Arm and Hammer baking soda tooth paste and would not recommend it to anyone

• by Awn Muhammad

The notion of willingly brushing my teeth with baking soda would have been a ludicrous proposition until I tried Arm and Hammer baking soda tooth paste. Being an undergraduate student however, I am proud to say, I’ve done worse! With sufficient courage mustered I spread the paste and began brushing.

The initial taste sensation is sharp, salty and unsettling, however not as striking

as the real deal: baking soda. The initial experience was also a little painful, this is probably because the excess amount of mint which burned and numbed my mouth. However, I didn’t spit it out and carried on brushing. There isn’t much to say about the well known experience of brushing ones teeth however the tooth paste can either make or break the experience.

Another shocking ingredient is peroxide. Frankly, I missed this on my first trial and wouldn’t have used it otherwise. Strong bleaches such as peroxide has no place in my mouth, however seeing as I did not die, I continued to use the tooth paste.

After a week of using Arm and Hammer baking soda tooth paste, there was a notable difference. My teeth ...

• Arm and Hammer Baking Soda Tooth Paste
      were whiter, thus my smile brighter, however this is not enough to make me a loyal consumer. The tooth paste makes my teeth no whiter than any regular whitening paste. The ingredients are odd and do not encourage me to use it or refer it to anyone else, and it didn’t make my breath smell any fresher than other mint pastes, or keep
      my teeth whiter for longer, and it made me dislike brushing my teeth regularly due to the taste.

I am not a die hard fan of Arm and Hammer baking soda tooth paste and would not recommend it to anyone. The burning and numbing sensation and the knowledge of the fact that there is peroxide and baking soda right now, in my mouth, is not worth the purchase.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128081245610431/k2311a0828/8.28.10