BBQ (Best of the Best Quality) Chicken
#27 Tomas Morato Ave., Corner Scout Limbaga St., Quezon City, Philippines
  • It was okay, but we were quite disappointed as we expected what it advertised---the best of the best quality chicken

• by TheCity

My boyfriend and I had lunch at the Tomas Morato branch of BBQ Chicken, a brand which came from Korea. As soon as we entered the place, we felt very optimistic as the place was bright, clean, spacious, and modern-looking. The servers were friendly and attentive. There was a poster placed on the wall claiming that the chicken they served was “healthy”. I wish they could have explained it, maybe write something on their menu, as I am curious to how they could label

fried chicken as healthy.

One thing though, we hated the music they were playing. The sound system was not good, and they were playing songs such as “Be My Lady”, which aren’t the songs you want to hear while eating lunch at a trendy restaurant. It was very annoying.

We each ordered a chicken set which was composed of soup, salad, fried rice, one glass of iced tea or soda, and of course, chicken. I ordered the spicy chicken set, while my boyfriend ordered the plain fried chicken with ...

• gravy. We both got the iced tea which was just plain Nestea. Each set cost around P170-P190.

The soup was some sort of broth with rice in it. It was ok, but nothing special. The rest of the set was the same, nothing special. When the chicken plates arrived, we were excited as the chicken pieces looked very generous; however, we realized that the chicken was mostly made up of flour and the actual meat was only little, and was not tasty enough.

It was okay, but we were quite disappointed as we expected what it advertised—the best of the best quality chicken. As the set was affordable, we still felt that it was worth trying the restaurant out, but we won’t be returning any time soon. There were actually a lot of other menu items offered such as pastas, but it is the chicken that is their specialty, and the chicken was not good enough for us. There are a lot of chicken restaurants out there that offer something better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 728081245550431/k2311a0828/8.28.10