Oneida Aldwych 20 Piece Set Flatware Service for 4
  • I think having your own place really does that to you
  • The problem with these cheap stainless is that they bend easily
  • What I like about it is that it is stainless and it does not require caring for which is great for us since our helper can get rough with the utensils
  • We have been using our Oneida Aldwych set for about a year now and I have noticed that there already a few scratch marks on it but the scratches are very light and not really that noticeable
  • The set comes with a full 25 year warranty, a fact that is good to know although I don't think my husband and I will ever use it

• by blairwitch

I have never really paid attention to utensils before. I used to think of them as just implements used for eating and as long as they were functional, I did not mind what kind or from what brand they are from. I was even ok with plastic. It was not until I got married and started entertaining guests at home that I became conscious of the things I use in the house. I think having your own place really does that to you. Now, I am more particular when it comes to product brand and design even for something as trivial as spoon and fork.

When my husband and I got married, we received a 68 Piece Satin Easton Service for twelve as a wedding a present and that’s what we use when we

have people over but for everyday use, we wanted a smaller set that was more practical and easy to care for. Since our family consisted only of my husband and myself, we needed a starter service that will help make our table look presentable. We did not want to wear down our Satin Easton so we have been using cheap stainless utensils that my husband got in SM Department Store. The problem with these cheap stainless is that they bend easily.

We have a small dining area where we prefer to eat when we’re not entertaining guests so I wanted utensils that were durable and preferably come with a modern look and design that would fit in with the design of our wooden nook table. I was able to find what I was ...

• looking for at Oneida in Rustan’s Department Store and I chose their Aldwych stainless steel which has two lines running down its handle. The service is good for 4 so it is perfect for our everyday use. The Oneida Aldwych Service for 4 contains 4 salad forks, 4 dinner forks, 4 dinner knives, 4 dinner spoons and 4 teaspoons. What I like about it is that it is stainless and it does not require caring for which is great for us since our helper can get rough with the utensils. At a little over 2500php, this particular set is not expensive although I wouldn’t say it is cheap either. Unlike other stainless utensils however, Oneida utensils are durable. I once caught my husband using the spoon to scoop out hard ice cream.

We have been using our Oneida Aldwych set for about a year now and I have noticed that there already a few scratch marks on it but the scratches are very light and not really that noticeable. I like that the design of the Aldwych really goes well with our crisp white Noritake square dinnerware set. Although the Aldwych pales in comparison to the Satin Easton in terms of quality, it is still a great buy and a good set for starter families like us. That it is made by a trusted company like Oneida is enough to add a little extra to every dining experience. The set comes with a full 25 year warranty, a fact that is good to know although I don’t think my husband and I will ever use it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5326081245160231/k2311a0826/8.26.10