iPod Shuffle, 1gb  » Electronics  »
  • But I've added a new dimension to my iPod experience as well
  • Now, for me, being that I have lots of audiobook files in iTunes, I don't like the selection of songs to come from my whole library
  • There's one thing I don't like about this gadget, or any other iPod
  • Most listeners don't seem to have the same problem, so maybe it is just me

• by believin
      After having floundered for months over whether or not to replace my old 40gb iPod, I finally decided not to, and to go another route instead. I’ve kept my old 40gb for those long trips, since I usually use it with the car adapter anyway (and have an external battery pack too). But I’ve added a new dimension to my iPod experience as well. After Christmas, I had a little extra cash I’d received from gifts, so I went and got myself a new iPod Shuffle, the 1 gb model.

The Shuffle is a different experience than the

original iPod. With no screen, it isn’t something you navigate through choosing what you want to hear at the moment. That’s the idea behind the name Shuffle, anyway.

It is meant to be a surprise each time you listen to it. Now, for me, being that I have lots of audiobook files in iTunes, I don’t like the selection of songs to come from my whole library. I do choose just one playlist from which to update at a time.

That works out fine for me because I have a big audio library. I can ...

• imagine it would be all the more fun having all the songs come from my entire music library, and probably need to set it up to do that really soon. What I really like about the Shuffle is its size.

This new model is about an inch and a quarter by a little less than an inch. SMALL!! I love that about it. Of course, the downside is the lack of a screen.

But, since I use it the way I do, in conjunction with a bigger bulkier old iPod, that works out fine for me.

The little thing is really sleek and pretty, and very easy to carry. And, like most Apple products, it’s got a bit of warmth to it, amidst all its high-tech-ness.

There’s one thing I don’t like about this gadget, or any other iPod. The earphones are too big for my ears and leave me uncomfortable after listening for a while. Most listeners don’t seem to have the same problem, so maybe it is just me.

What I do is use earbuds instead, but you have to get them separately. One way or another, it hasn’t taken away from my enjoyment of my iPod Shuffle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16402124500928/k2311a024/2.4.07