Labello Hydro Care Lip Balm  » Cosmetics  »
  • I was even impressed that over a 10 day period I required fewer applications to maintain the same care condition

• by Elbee

For most of my life I have been an ‘outdoorsy’ person, spending plenty of time in the hot summers and dry winters of the South African climate. In these weathering conditions it’s easy for lips to become dry and chapped. If I could not find one of my many sticks strategically located in various bags, I would ascend into a panic, swearing to the gods for my suffering.

I tried

many forms of lip protection; good old fashioned lip ice, lipstick, lip-gloss Vaseline, Vicks, aqueous cream, and each time the product would be found lacking.

I feel a true and effective lip balm should meet the following criteria:

 Offers UV protection  Moisturize yet no grease the lips  Be long lasting  Compliment the lips

It wasn’t until I walked past the lip care products at a local drug store this winter season ...

• that I happened to glance at a particular product called hydro care lip from the Labello lip care range. What would it hurt to test another balm and know whether to chuck it onto the “I tried and it failed” pile?

And so I chose to test it over a 10 day period, being weary to take note of the amount of applications needed to meet my criteria.

As the powder blue

lid suggests the hydro care lip care product by Labello offers smooth, hydrating application to my lips. I was instantly delighted to discover the lengthy period at which I felt protected from the cold elements of our winter. I was even impressed that over a 10 day period I required fewer applications to maintain the same care condition.

As of yesterday this product lives in my handbag as a daily necessity for my lips.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126081244860231/k2311a0826/8.26.10