The Divine Comedy : Bang Goes the Knighthood  » Music  »
  • Below is half of the track list and what I think of the songs
  • I enjoy this track above most of the others
  • Neil likes a lot of things, and I know I like this song

• by Fandiago

This album is the latest in Neil Hannon’s belt, and a release I have looked forward to for a long time. The cd features sixteen brand new tracks composed and preformed in part by Hannon himself as in most of his other music.

Below is half of the track list and what I think of the songs.

01 - Down in the Street Below: The song starts off slow in sad, features a happy and upbeat part in the middle, and then back to the slow selection.

- The Complete Banker: This song is slow and devious. I thought it felt Beetles-esque.

03 - Neapolitan Girl: This song is happy and upbeat. It reminds me of really good elevator music.

04 - Bang Goes the Knighthood: This song is slow and haunting. It seems thoughtfull.

05 - At the Indie Disco: Upbeat, and strangely enough, it sounds like something you would hear at a diso.

06 - Have You Ever Been in Love: Slow and reminiscing. It sounds like something you would hear in a piano ...

• bar.

07 - Assume the Perpindicular: Upbeat and fast! I enjoy this track above most of the others.

08 - The Lost Art of Conversation: Another upbeat track, with a happy feel.

09 - Island Life: This song is slow and winding. It seems tropical, which fits the song just right.

10 - When a Man Cries: The only truly sad song on the album. I didn’t particularly enjoy it.

11 - Can You Stand Upon One Leg: Can you do those things? Can you beat Neil? This is a

fun track, and I am actually tempted to try these things…

12 - I Like: Neil likes a lot of things, and I know I like this song.

13 - Ya Sumeera: Why this is in here, I have no clue… It sounds like something off of a 1930’s record.

14 - Beside the Railway Tracks: Neil has a robot voice! This song is a bit techno-ish.

15 - The Circual Firing Squad: It is so odd! I love it!

16 - Napoleon Complex: Slow and Winding. I don’t quite like this track.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1425081244240331/k2311a0825/8.25.10