Huggies Dry Comfort Baby Diapers with Lock & Breathe System  » Baby care  »
2.5
  • While looking for diapers for my baby daughter at the supermarket I was disappointed to find that the usual brand of diapers that I get was out of stock for the L size
  • I never had very good experience with Huggies diapers but when compared with other disastrous experiences with some other diapers I felt that Huggies was still better and more over the pack that I was looking at was the Huggies Dry Comfort Lock & Breathe System for Long-Lasting Dryness and it had that “New Improved
  • It gave my baby such a bad diaper rash that I decided never again to get another diaper that didn’t come with a 100% breathable cover and that too with cloth like cover and not plastic
  • It had cute pink teddy images and the “I love Huggies” slogan all over the diaper
  • But I noticed that the diaper does get very heavy and looks bulky when wet

• by true_value

While looking for diapers for my baby daughter at the supermarket I was disappointed to find that the usual brand of diapers that I get was out of stock for the L size. So I had to pick and choose from whatever brands that was available.

I didn’t want to experiment and decided to go for Huggies. I never had very good experience with Huggies diapers but when compared with other disastrous experiences with some other diapers I felt that Huggies was still better and more over the pack that I was looking at was the Huggies Dry Comfort Lock & Breathe System for Long-Lasting Dryness and it had that “New Improved!” caption on it. It was a big pack of 60 diapers.

On the pack Huggies claims that the diaper comes with a 3-Layer Lock which were 1. Quickly pulls fluid in 2. Spreads wetness throughout and 3. Locks fluid into the absorbent core

to keep baby’s skin dry up to 10 hours.

I liked that the Huggies Dry Comfort diaper come with 100% breathable cover which comes with a cottony-soft material that lets cool air in and hot air out to keep baby’s skin extra fresh and dry.

I always only get diapers that come with breathable cover because I once bought a diaper which also happened to be from Huggies called Huggies Care and that did not come with cottony cover but instead had plastic sheet those were times when I was new to motherhood and didn’t know better. It gave my baby such a bad diaper rash that I decided never again to get another diaper that didn’t come with a 100% breathable cover and that too with cloth like cover and not plastic.

The price for the Huggies Dry Comfort diapers was also quite affordable at only S$16.90 for 60 diapers. I bought it.

I decided to ...

• put the diaper on my daughter before putting her to sleep so that I could see how well it keeps up with overnight use. The diaper was mainly white with the usual Huggies pink and blue patterns. It had cute pink teddy images and the “I love Huggies” slogan all over the diaper. The cutting is similar to that of Pampers active baby only without the stretchy tapes at the side of the waists.

The diaper is stretchy at the back of the waist and has side gathers at the legs to prevent leakage. The legs are high cut which is again similar to Pampers active that allows easy movement. It also fitted my baby’s body snuggly and comfortably.

I like that Huggies always comes with Velcro tapes which is so much better, convenient and safer than the sticky tape fasteners that always sticks to baby’s skin while changing diapers. Overall the design,

cut and fastening was excellent.

Next was the absorbency, leakage protection and rash (skin compatibility) test.

Baby slept throughout the night without any interruption from a wet bottom which was a good sign and there was no leakage on that night. But I noticed that the diaper does get very heavy and looks bulky when wet.

I have been using the diapers for 2 weeks now and so far I have experienced leakage about 3 times which is not a good thing. I have used other diapers including Pampers and a cheaper regional brand diaper and have never experienced any leakages but Huggies was a disappointment once again.

However, my baby did not get any diaper rashes from it and has no problems moving around and being active in it. I will be using the remaining diapers in the pack and probably will not be buying it again because of its letdown with leakage protection.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5425081244010331/k2311a0825/8.25.10