The Disappearance of Flight 412 movie  » Movies  »
  • Other people, other worlds are out there, so I'm open to the experience
  • I love the persistence and daring of Ford's character as he backs up his men and refuses to be pushed aside

• by Orrymain

I remember watching The Disappearance of Flight 412 when it came on TV for the first time in 1974. I bought it, hook, line, and sinker. I’m not necessarily talking about the UFO bit, well, yes, I am.

The truth is that I’m not arrogant enough to believe that we are alone in the universe. Other people, other worlds are out there, so I’m open to the experience.

Now The Disappearance of Flight 412 isn’t a true story

per se, but it is presented in a semi-documentary style, so it presents itself as more factual than it is. However, it’s a great ‘this could be’ scenario.

Many suspect the government knows more than they say. Roswell events have catapulted the topic of unidentified flying objects and tiny space aliens to the minds of millions all across the world. That’s what makes this movie believable. It’s not the specifics, it’s the idea, the concept, the ...

• belief that the military and the government know darn more than they have admitted to knowing.

The Disappearance of Flight 412 presents a situation where some very skeptical men become believers when faced with UFOs first hand. It’s dramatic and bold, the script being well written in my view with some keen acting.

Glenn Ford heads up the acting crew, which also includes Bradford Dillman, David Soul, Guy Stockwell, Greg Mullavey, Ken Kercheval, Edward Winter, and, in his last film

role, Kent Smith as General Enright. That’s not even all of this terrific all star cast.

I love the persistence and daring of Ford’s character as he backs up his men and refuses to be pushed aside. He gets told the truth, to a point anyway, but then we’re back to the beginning, in a world where those in charge don’t tell its citizens the truth.

I love this movie. It’s compelling and the fact is we still don’t know the truth.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1125081243300231/k2311a0825/8.25.10