Movie : Where the Heart Is  » Movies  »
  • Where the Heart is is one of the best warm, fuzzy movies that you will ever watch
  • It is an amazing tale of a young woman who finds herself in some awful messes but comes out very well in the end because she sticks with her convictions
  • It's like that with everyone and I think that is why I love this movie so much
  • This is definitely a movie for everyone to see

• by Dawn Hawkins

“Where the Heart is” is one of the best warm, fuzzy movies that you will ever watch. It is an amazing tale of a young woman who finds herself in some awful messes but comes out very well in the end because she sticks with her convictions. Her boyfriend doesn’t fair quite as well as he goes from one misadventure to another always getting in a little deeper as he goes along. This is a movie that I have passed down to my daughter and will likely be passed down from generation to generation, so touching is its story.

Nova Lee

Nation takes on the world that appears to be so intent on bringing her down. It’s like that with everyone and I think that is why I love this movie so much. It gives us hope that if you do the right things, you can make a better life for yourself. Treating people with respect does have its benefits. I love watching this movie over and over again because each time I do, I remember that there will be the Willie Jacks of the world and there will be the Nova Lee’s of the world. It’s a crazy mixed up ...

• life for everyone, no matter who you are. Nova Lee is an underdog, but she certainly doesn’t act like it. It gives me something to fashion my own life after.

Although many of the things that happen in this movie would likely never happen in real life, for instance, most of us don’t sleep in department stores at night and most of us wouldn’t have the great attitude of Nova Lee Nation. However, there are a lot of really valid and strong stories within this one movie. They cover everything from teen pregnancy to child sex abuse and it teaches

us how to get through even when the worst possible things happen. Who wouldn’t love a movie like that.

I don’t care for the character of Willie Jack because he truly is a horrible person that doesn’t deserve Nova Lee from the onset of the movie. Without his character, though, this movie couldn’t be half the success that it was. Willie Jack’s never ending woes makes me want to cheer every single time I see the movie. This is definitely a movie for everyone to see. It is a chick flick, but it is also a classic that will live forever.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1125081243010131/k2311a0825/8.25.10