Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories  » Games  »
  • So recently after missing out on how much fun I had with the first Disgaea game from Nippon Ichi, I decided to go get the 2nd Disgaea for the PS2
  • Then I bought it on the internet for actually less and it and I got much with it and it worked great
  • I only noticed a few slight differences between the first and second one and was expecting much more
  • Anyways, some of the differences I noticed were the Geo Panels seem to have a bit more of a variety of effects that are caused to the players and they also get up and move in some cases making combat a bit more interesting when fighting

• by LouieWpHs04

So recently after missing out on how much fun I had with the first Disgaea game from Nippon Ichi, I decided to go get the 2nd Disgaea for the PS2. I ended up buying it at a Gamestop store first but it turned up really scratched up & came with nothing but the game! Then I bought it on the internet for actually less and it and I got much with it and it worked great. No scratches at all! I put it in the PS2 I own, and of course. It’s pretty much almost exactly

like Disgaea.

I only noticed a few slight differences between the first and second one and was expecting much more. Anyways, some of the differences I noticed were the Geo Panels seem to have a bit more of a variety of effects that are caused to the players and they also get up and move in some cases making combat a bit more interesting when fighting. I also noticed that they now have a Supeona system which is actually pretty cool! It wasn’t in the first Disgaea but in this one you can get “Supeonas” just for ...

• being “evil” in the game which is a pretty appealing and unique feature you don’t see in many games. You can also “pin” the stuff you do on others no matter who the Supeona was issued to. Supeonas from what I have experienced seem to give you bonuses to your stats which can help you level faster, be stronger, and a bunch of other random interesting bonuses.

Now one of the main differences is the storyline. Obviously being that this time the game isn’t focused on Laharl, but a non-demon character that had his whole village

effected and turned into demons by a curse it brings a whole new twist to the game. However, as any Nippon Ichi fan knows it’s not about the storyline but the Gameplay.

I felt Nippon Ichi did it again with it although it’s very similar to the first one, it’s still great and once again there is plenty of fun at least to me bonus levels to play through. This means that once again there is hours of game-play which is good for me to burn through all the spare time I sometimes end up with!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2825081242940131/k2311a0825/8.25.10