Acer 17′’ TFT LCD multimedia monitor (AL1721)
  • The resolution (1280 x 1024) is high enough for my 3D gaming and movie watching experience
  • All in all, I still satisfied with this monitor although I have experienced a problem with it before

• by User

I use this monitor since 2003 to replace my old Packard bell CRT monitor. This LCD monitor (priced at RM 631) has a number of good features as compared to CRT monitor. It consume less power, takes up less space, more compact, and the screen is generally bigger than the corresponding CRT monitor. I also heard that LCD monitors emits less harmful radiation than CRT monitor but CRT monitor generally produces better graphics than LCD monitor. The installation of LCD monitor is quite easy. I just need to connect the power supply of the monitor to the wall socket and the VGA (Video Graphics Array) cable to my computer system unit and it is ready to use! It does not

require any driver and the integrated graphic card of my computer automatically detects it.

One special feature for this monitor is that it has an integrated speaker system. If I want the speaker system, I can plug my sound cable into the appropriate port of my system unit. The sound is decent and I can adjust volume according to my needs. The resolution (1280 x 1024) is high enough for my 3D gaming and movie watching experience. This monitor was designed with ergonomics in mind. The screen can be tilted (-5 to +15 degree) so that I can maintain a healthy body position when using my computer. This monitor claims that it is TCO’ 99 approved. This means that the manufacturing ...

• of this monitor does not use any harmful chemicals such as chlorinated solvents and it is recyclable. This assures me that by purchasing this monitor, I can reduce any harmful effect to our environment.

A multilingual user manual comes with this monitor. This user manual is quite helpful for me to make full use of the monitor because without it, I may not know the functions of the 5 buttons at the bottom of the screen, recommended ways for monitor maintenance, troubleshooting, and even the presence of its speaker system! My eyes feel less strain when looking this monitor as compared to CRT monitors.

In 2005, I experienced white screen display of this monitor. The screen fades into white gradually and

then suddenly gets normal again. This happens randomly when I use the computer. I sent it for repair and the technician replaced an inverter for me. Since then, I never experience any problems with this monitor. The power button at the bottom of the screen seems to be less responsive. Sometimes, when I tried to switch off my monitor leaving my computer running, I have to press the button a few times before the monitor can be switched off. Furthermore, the monitor can get quite hot after a few hours of usage.

All in all, I still satisfied with this monitor although I have experienced a problem with it before. As long as this monitor continues working, I’m quite happy with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3325081242780131/k2311a0825/8.25.10