Movie Actor Tom Cruise  » People  »
  • There are a few movies that I have enjoyed such as A Few Good Men that I thoroughly enjoyed, but the if the truth be known, those movies are few and far between
  • Tom Cruise is a good actor however I wouldn't consider him outstanding
  • Unfortunately, those films can be overshadowed, in my opinion, by sub-par work in Eyes Wide Shut , The Firm and Jerry McGuire
  • I try not to let that have a bearing on whether I like a person as an actor or not, but that can be difficult to do when that is part of someone who influences others

• by Dawn Hawkins

Actor Tom Cruise has never been one of my favorite actors. There are a few movies that I have enjoyed such as “A Few Good Men” that I thoroughly enjoyed, but the if the truth be known, those movies are few and far between. I didn’t not like the movie “Jerry McGuire” at all. It was too scattered and made little sense to me as much as “Eyes Wide Shut”. Tom Cruise has made some movies that truly weren’t good career moves on his part. However, he has also made some excellent choices such as “Taps” which was early in his career.

Other early movies such as “Risky Business” made him a household name among teenage girls and later moving on to much stronger roles in films such as the “Rain Man” and “Top Gun”. These were all excellent films and Tom Cruise was part of what made them a success.

Tom Cruise is a good actor however I wouldn’t consider him outstanding. My personal feeling is that he got by on his looks more so than his talent. There are exceptions to this just like any other rule. Two of the most brilliant pieces of work that Tom Cruise did was in “A Few ...

• Good Men” and “Rain Man”. Those were two of the wisest choices he could have made in his film career. Unfortunately, those films can be overshadowed, in my opinion, by sub-par work in “Eyes Wide Shut”, “The Firm” and “Jerry McGuire”. These may have been smash hit movies as far as viewers went, but I, personally believe that this too was because of his looks, not his talent and not the material in the movies.

I would much rather go see a good Tom Hanks movie any day of the week than to sit through some of the, what I consider garbage movies

that Tom Cruise has been a part of. Since Tom Cruise has been in the public eye, he has turned to what some deem as a very bizarre person. He acts out in ways that are uncalled for and the media picks right up on it. I try not to let that have a bearing on whether I like a person as an actor or not, but that can be difficult to do when that is part of someone who influences others. This may be offensive to others, but honestly, I probably wouldn’t give you a plug nickel to see another Tom Cruise movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5225081242760131/k2311a0825/8.25.10