Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel  » Cosmetics  »
  • I love the dark purple packaging that the products come in as well as the cute and catchy phrases that are on them
  • Even though this product is designed to be used on either wet or dry hair, I decided to use it on my wet hair
  • In my opinion, this has been the best curl gel that I have ever used
  • I think that this product would be perfect for very kinky curly hair as well as wavy and slightly curly

• by Simply_Fabulous

This product line has quickly become my absolute favorite. I love the dark purple packaging that the products come in as well as the cute and catchy phrases that are on them. I have naturally curly hair that I have always struggled to tame through a wide variety of products. A few days ago, I purchased the shampoo, conditioner, styling mouse, and this gel at Wal-Mart based on the recommendation of a close friend who has the same hair texture as me. According to the packaging on the outside label of this gel, it is designed to naturally enhance the waves and curls in my hair without weighing it down or making it feel crunchy. I paid about $3 for a 6 oz. squeeze container of this product and it has been totally worth it.

Prior to

applying this product, I washed and conditioned my hair as usual with the Totally Twisted shampoo and conditioner. Even though this product is designed to be used on either wet or dry hair, I decided to use it on my wet hair. I took a small drop of the product and placed it in the palm of my hand. After rubbing it thoroughly threw my hands, I lightly spread it through my hair while gently finger combing my hair. I decided to let my hair air dry instead of using a blow dryer. I could tell a difference in my hair before it was completely dry. My curls were more defined and my hair had this slightly wavy appearance in comparison to the more tight coils that the mousse in this product line gives me.

• Even though I was impressed with the way that my hair looked while it was still wet, I must admit that it looked fabulous when it was dry. My hair had this soft hold to it that was not too hard or crunchy. I was amazed at how easy it was for me to rub my fingers through my hair. My hair looked so healthy and it had this natural shine to it that was not greasy looking.

In my opinion, this has been the best curl gel that I have ever used. It has this exotic scent that has strong notes of lavender in it. To be honest, I prefer the smell of this product over Hello Hydration. It has been two days since I lasted applied this product and my hair still looks great.

While I have been inside my house mostly since I last used this product, I find that the gel does an excellent job of withstanding the high humidity outside. I have not had any problems with my hair becoming frizzy or puffy.

I would rate this product a 10 out of 10 and I would highly recommend it for others to try. I plan on purchasing it again and again without any hesitation. I think that this product would be perfect for very kinky curly hair as well as wavy and slightly curly. If you have straight hair, do not expect this product to make your hair curly. The best advice that I can give to anyone considering buying this product is to only use a small amount of it to reduce the likelihood that it would make your hair hard.

Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124081242681131/k2311a0824/8.24.10