Ghost Town Amusement Park  » Leisure  »
Maggie Valley, North Carolina
  • I have alway enjoyed the sky ride but on that particular occasion it started to thunder and lightening

• by sadonna
      As a young boy my husbands family always took their vacations in Maggie Valley, North Carolina. So he grew up looking up at Ghost Town from below and that is what inspired him to bring me to see this park with him for the first time.

Ghost town is a small amusement park a mile up on top of the mountain.

You have to take the

tram or ride a chair lift to get to the park.

We wanted to ride the roller coaster that went down the side of the mountain part way because it looked really cool.

We liked the wild west shows but my favorite ride there is the scrambler that they have inside of the building.

They turn off the lights except some strobe lights and play very ...

• loud music which makes it look like you are going to go right through the next car.

You can buy a draft beer for a couple of dollars and watch several shows besides riding rides.

The first time we were there, a storm just poped up out of nowhere.

They decided to close the park so everyone had to either ride the tram or sky ride

down.

We rode the sky ride.

I have alway enjoyed the sky ride but on that particular occasion it started to thunder and lightening.

We made it to our car safely but were absolultey drenched.

The windows were steemed up so much that we opted to change right in the car instead of riding home in wet clothes.

Overall it is a nice park and very affordable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 61102124250428/k2311a021/2.1.07