Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair by Fisher-Price
  • I bought this high chair to make the feeding of my baby easier when he was about 7 months old
  • After that I decided to order it since it was not available in local stores in Lithuania (the price was about 150 USD)
  • Now I can say I'm completely satisfied with this Rainforest high chair, and I can recommend it to other moms
  • I like a high plastic prominence which would be between the legs when you put your child in this chair
  • All in all, I think there is only one thing that could be improved in this chair - I really missed the adjustable foot rest

• by Valentina

I bought this high chair to make the feeding of my baby easier when he was about 7 months old. I examined different high chairs in the shops and read a lot of reviews. Many moms were praising high chairs by Fisher-Price. I read everything I could find about this high chair and even saw a video clip on YouTube.

After that I decided to order it since it was not available in local stores in Lithuania (the price was about 150 USD). Well, that was more than a year ago. Now I can say I’m completely satisfied with this Rainforest high chair, and I can recommend it to other moms.

My son likes the colorful design. There are 2 removable toys - a big tree with music, lights and different animals, that can be snapped onto a tray, and a plastic figure of a tiger attached to the tray. My boy still plays with both

toys, though he always liked to play with the tree sitting on the ground and not in the high chair.

That’s because a 7-months old baby can’t reach the toy properly while sitting on the high chair with seatbelts on, and when he’s older, he doesn’t need to sit in the high chair and play while waiting for the dinner. So, we usually use this high chair only for feeding. It is a very practical chair, it has 3 different recline positions and 7 height adjustments.

I really like its smooth design without any crannies where food can fall. The cover material is a kind of oil cloth, and is extremely easy to remove and wash (when my child was small, he used to spit up the food very often, so I had to wash this chair completely many times, and it was not a hard job at all). I like a high plastic prominence which ...

• would be between the legs when you put your child in this chair.

It allows you to put the child into the chair, then take a tray and fix it. There is no chance the child would slip out of the chair - he has to stand up for that, and it’s not that easy, even if you don’t use seatbelts (we don’t for half a year already), and of course, you should never leave your child unattended in the high chair. This high chair is very stable, it has 4 wheels but they all can be blocked.

It can be folded, but I didn’t find it very practical, so I keep it standing unfolded all the time. The tray can be removed with one hand, it is unfixed when you press the large button in front of the tray. Now, when my child is about 2 years old, he learned how to press this

button, so he managed to drop the tray once or twice (of course, it’s impossible when he’s sitting on the high chair).

There is a dishwasher-safe insert tray, though I don’t think it’s very practical to put it into a dishwasher - it’s very large, so I never did it. In hot summer days your child may sweat in this chair, but here you don’t have another choice - either an easily-washable and good-looking oil cloth, or a natural material which will be stained all over. All in all, I think there is only one thing that could be improved in this chair - I really missed the adjustable foot rest.

My son only now begins to reach the foot rest, earlier he had to sit either with his legs hanging in the air or, even worse, he rested his feet against the bottom side of the tray, and I was afraid they would get stuck somewhere in the tray mechanism.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5424081242441131/k2311a0824/8.24.10