Ryans Associates accounting firm  » Business  »
0.5
778 Springfield St, Feeding Hills, MA
  • Then she actually had one of the office girls come in, and she told them what she wanted to order from the restaurant up the street, and the girl asked Joanne if the payroll was covered so she could cash her check
  • I did not get undivided attention, but I did get food stains on my return, and a nasty taste in my mouth

• by coastgirl

Ryans Associates is an accounting firm located in Feeding Hills, Mass. I needed an accountant and saw an ad in the paper for this place. Worst mistake of my life. The office is next door to a laundromat and all you can smell is soap.

The waiting room was extremely warm, as the window faces the sun. After being made to wait 20 minutes, I was brought into the back room to meet Joanne Ryan. The office was hot, smelly, and the desk had food containers, diet soda bottles, napkins, plastic forks and knives strewn all over it, and the woman sitting behind the desk was unbelievable.

This “professional accountant” was sloppy, had food on her clothes, and her desk had files and papers covering every inch

of it, hair dirty and unkempt, and smoking like a chimney. The ashtray looked like it hadn’t been emptied in a month, and I swear I saw a roach. To put it bluntly, I was absolutely disgusted with what I saw.

As we went over my paperwork, she got food and ash on it. I asked her to put out her cigarette, which she did, but I did catch a little eye roll. Then she actually had one of the office girls come in, and she told them what she wanted to order from the restaurant up the street, and the girl asked Joanne if the payroll was covered so she could cash her check.

I couldn’t believe it! But I figured that maybe she was a really good ...

• accountant, and that this was just one of her quirks. Wrong again! First of all, it took her over 3 weeks to get my paperwork and tax filings in order. I have a few things I claim, but it’s not a very complicated return.

When I went in to pick up the paperwork, they couldn’t find it. I waited for almost a half an hour while they looked for it, and then finally left and said I’d be back. My phone calls were never returned, and when I finally did get someone on the phone, the person was very rude, telling me that they would call me when they found the paperwork.

I finally went back after 5 weeks to pick up the paperwork. Then

I got the bill for this service and was totally shocked. She wanted to charge me over $350 to file this return.

I told her that there was no way in hell I was going to pay that. The return wasn’t done in a timely matter, there was no professionalism, and they couldn’t even find it the first time I went to pick it up. They reduced the price by $100.

I paid it, but was totally dissatisfied. This so called accountant is not worth $1, let alone $250. I did not get undivided attention, but I did get food stains on my return, and a nasty taste in my mouth.

Instead of this “professional accountant”, you’d be better off having a 5 year old do your return.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4124081242431131/k2311a0824/8.24.10