Sky Cable  » Business  »
Baguio City, Philippines
  • This is because we live on a hill, which is not exactly remote but not very convenient either
  • I must say the actual cable service is very good, we get all the channels they offer (more than 70, I think), and very clearly at that
  • As a whole, Sky Cable is so far the best cable provider, considering that they have the most channels and best service at a reasonable price
  • I would definitely recommend Sky Cable to others who are wanting to have a cable connection or those planning to switch service providers

• by choc8

Sky Cable is the leading cable television company in the Philippines. It provides its services to Metro Manila and most major cities in the provincial areas. I live in Baguio and have been using their cable service for five years now. Before that, we had to make do with a satellite cable service which was far from ideal, so I was really grateful when Sky Cable was finally able to service our area.

Under normal conditions, Sky Cable would not have set up the service to our home. This is because we live on a hill, which is not exactly remote but not very convenient either. Our house is actually the end of the road on a mountain. The nearest Sky Cable post was farther from our house than they would allow for optimum signal reception. Well, it so

happened that my husband, who works for a sister company of Sky Cable, was well acquainted with the technician doing the cabling and convinced him it was still possible to receive cable signals despite the distance. Of course we had to sign an agreement that we would not charge or complain to the company if we had signal losses or blurry reception. We did sign and got the cable in. In our bills, where the post number is supposed to be noted, we get a pine tree number instead, which I find quite funny.

I must say the actual cable service is very good, we get all the channels they offer (more than 70, I think), and very clearly at that. The downtimes I remember ever having were mostly due to maintenance fixes, and the entire area where we ...

• live would have no signal so I don’t complain about that. I can also say that customer service is great. Usually for other utilities, when maintenance is being done over an entire area, all the phone lines are busy but I think they put the phones off hook and don’t want to take calls. For Sky Cable, somehow they manage to respond to calls and patiently say that they are doing maintenance work. I think that’s laudable considering that a lot of people have probably called asking why the service is down. I would say though, that things would be easier for both sides if they put a ticker on their channels to give a schedule of maintenance work. That way, we wouldn’t be surprised to have no service. But overall, the downtimes are short and rare, so
        I don’t really mind.

Currently, they charge PhP625 for the service. They increased charges over time from the initial PhP500. A few months back, they removed two good channels and replaced it with some bad ones. But just recently, they put back what they removed and added a few more good ones. So I’m satisfied at the moment. It would be good if they allowed consumers the option to remove the channels we don’t watch and pay less. I think they do have cheaper packages but you don’t get to choose the channels.

As a whole, Sky Cable is so far the best cable provider, considering that they have the most channels and best service at a reasonable price. I would definitely recommend Sky Cable to others who are wanting to have a cable connection or those planning to switch service providers.

Sky Cable
    G rard Audineau says :

I am customer of Sky Cable since 12 years.

But since 5 days I have no more signal for the channels 61 and above, and I am interested by the channel 66 TV5 France.

Every day i call the customer service which explain me that they will come the day after to install digibox and that I have not to move.

Today i am very tired as enough is enough.

What have I to do? Leave Sky Cable?

M says :

Hi G,

Maybe Sky Cable has a problem with their signal for the past weeks. Since your at Sky Cable for 12 years, I think your satisfied with their service. Right? Give them a chance, anyways, Sky Cable has a very competitive rates for their subscription plan.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4124081242181031/k2311a0824/8.24.10