Singer Kid Rock
  • I have learned that I like a few songs that would have, in the past, gotten on my nerves before even getting to the lyrics
  • Kid Rock is definitely not your clean cut, average American boy
  • I know there is no such thing as that, but I truly don't know how to describe some of his music
  • I don't like a large portion of Kid Rock music

• by Dawn Hawkins

If you want to talk about a diverse singer, Kid Rock would be the one. He changes sides so often that you almost can’t keep up with him. He goes from songs like “American Badass” to “Picture” without batting an eyelash. Honestly, I don’t even know what genre that I would put his music under. I guess it depends on the mood he was in the day he recorded any given album. I call it diverse, but truly, the lyrics from one song to the other would never tell you what type of values he has because they change as

often as most people change socks.

Kid Rock has recorded songs such as “All Summer Long” in tribute to the rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd. The song was nearly an instant hit because it brought back a lot of great many through many generations. Even people who don’t normally enjoy Kid Rocks music loved this song. I am included in those masses. I don’t care for all of Kid Rock’s songs, but with the songs “Picture” and “All Summer Long”, I became more interested in his music and learning about his other music. I have learned that I like a few songs ...

• that would have, in the past, gotten on my nerves before even getting to the lyrics. Bawitdaba was one of those songs. Don’t worry, I haven’t lost my mind. I have, however, come to appreciate more of Kid Rock’s songs than I probably would have ever given a chance in the past.

Kid Rock is definitely not your clean cut, average American boy. He plays it hard but I still can’t figure out what genre his music is on many occasions. He goes from soft rock to some type of rapparockenblues man type of music. I know there is no such

thing as that, but I truly don’t know how to describe some of his music. I don’t like a large portion of Kid Rock music. It just isn’t my style and you can call me old fashioned if you like. However, there are a lot of his songs that I would have never heard had it not been for the diverse genre’s of music that Kid Rock plays. I have to take my hats off to the man because he certainly can change things up and quickly. He has even been known to act in a movie or two. Now that takes talent.

Singer Kid Rock

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1424081241991031/k2311a0824/8.24.10