Country Singer Toby Keith  » Music  »
  • He has had hit after hit but unfortunately, he seems to have disappeared from the music scene and I miss him a lot
  • I think this may have been a major mistake
  • What made Toby Keith so amazing to begin with was his ability to make us laugh through his songs and to have fun with it
  • I like the old Toby Keith music better than the newer songs that he has recorded

• by Dawn Hawkins

Toby Keith has been one of my favorite country music singers since he came on the scene. Many people take offense to his sometimes “rowdy” appearances in songs such as “Who’s Your Daddy” and “How Do You Like Me Now?”. These songs are just a small part of what Toby Keith has recorded though. There is nothing wrong with poking a little fun at certain situations and that is exactly what Keith manages to do in many of his songs. You shouldn’t forget songs like “My List”, “Rock You Baby” and “Huckleberry”. These songs are some of my favorite Toby Keith songs.

Toby Keith

has had some controversy surrounding his name. That controversy is usually about his no-nonsense way of telling it like it is. He doesn’t pull any punches when he writes his songs and he certainly doesn’t back down from his beliefs. That is something that I greatly admire about this man. He has had hit after hit but unfortunately, he seems to have disappeared from the music scene and I miss him a lot. He’s still around, but he isn’t nearly as visible as he once was. People took offense to the back and forth issues that he had with the Dixie Chicks some ...

• years ago. Both sides battled it out and they both paid for it dearly.

Toby Keith has a great voice and one that is unmistakable. He sings songs that are fun and mischievous as well as the traditional love and heartache songs that other country singers sing. I admire the fact that Toby Keith is a family man who stand strong for his country. He came out with another song that became controversial, though I don’t see why, “The Angry American: Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue”. Toby seems to have tried to change his reputation to a somewhat “nicer” guy when it

comes to his music. I think this may have been a major mistake. What made Toby Keith so amazing to begin with was his ability to make us laugh through his songs and to have fun with it. I like the old Toby Keith music better than the newer songs that he has recorded. I miss the fun Toby. He didn’t have anything to prove to anyone. His reputation was perfectly intact with his true fans. He’s a family man that takes great pride in that fact and the fact that he is American. I think Toby Keith was just fine the way he was.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1424081241971031/k2311a0824/8.24.10