HP Pavilion DV4-1135 tablet PC notebook  » Computers  »
2.0
  • The first thing I noticed was that it's so heavy to carry on anywhere I go
  • I don't think it's perfect for students and females, but might be good for professionals and businessmen or IT geeks in the office, or those who would wanna dispose the old desktop PCs at home
  • In terms of the physical features, I like the combination of black and silver on the surface

• by kriztinay

It’s been a while since I got fed up with this HP unit. There are a lot of disadadvantages than advantages that this notebook has. The first thing I noticed was that it’s so heavy to carry on anywhere I go. I don’t think it’s perfect for students and females, but might be good for professionals and businessmen or IT geeks in the office, or those who would wanna dispose the old desktop PCs at home. I sold it anyway because I wasn’t contented with the features and performance.

It came with Vista, and I never was

used to Vista and its frequent crashing of Windows especially when I try to log in. I have to remove the lithium battery (that’s adding the heavy weaight) to load up my screen.

Another thing is that the battery life sucks big time. Adding to its bulkiness are the other things that come with it. Take for example the adapter which I have to use everytime I use this tablet PC. I’m a computer freak so I use my notebook almost the whole day. Charging time takes forever (6 hours is a lot of time– such a waste ...

• of time and electricity) considering that when I use it while not charging, the full battery only lasts upto 2 hours much worse when watching DVD. The full battery is insufficient to finish the whole movie… makes the entertainment feature of this gadget hanging and unexciting while the graphics resolution is poor, not as vibrant as a flat TV and advanced models. Blurry visions won’t appreciate it.

In terms of the physical features, I like the combination of black and silver on the surface. It creates the illusion that it’s light to carry on because of its

sleek and slim design.

However, there are some advantages that I appreciate (at least) that most other brands don’t have like the fingerprint scanning security feature. It really won’t log me in, no matter how many tries, if I don’t clean my hands well… it’s that accurate and secured. Another secondary feature I like is its ability to turn into a TV (the cable is not available though in the package). Also, the built-in CD writer (the coolest thing HP has) because I can design my own burned CDs real time, which comes in a special software.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1924081241941031/k2311a0824/8.24.10